how many protein shakes per day?

Options
how many protein shakes per day do you take? and do you ever replace a meal with a protein shake?

i just made a really yummy shake:

1 scoop spirutein strawberry
2 T marantha almond butter
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup fat free milk
473 calories total

it's my dinner time. i just drank that after i ran.
i'm still under my calories goal, and will eat a night time snack later.
just curious what you all do?
thanks.

Replies

• Mrs_Holly
    Mrs_Holly Posts: 42
    Options
    I count carbs... not calories. I keep an eye on them... so I'm not way out there with calories. I do replace a meal with a protein shake if I am on the go. It's better to have that shake then skip a meal. Your shake recipe sounds Yummy!!!!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I usually have one every morning as a meal replacement.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have a shake for breakfast (and nothing else) and a protein bar as a snack later in the day. Sometimes, I'll have two bars if my workout is really intense (one before and one after the workout).
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    ooh i forgot to say that i had a protein shake this morning after i did shred. and now i'm just having another one after i ran. i was wondering what would be wrong with that? and if anybody else does that.
    i eat clif bars too on other days. but usually protein shakes and protein bars are for after/before workout snacks, never meals.
    we'll just see how this goes for this day.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I usually only have one in the morning as my breakfast (meal replacement). Today I had two because I had a busy day and needed to get something in before I go to bed.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • greatthursday
    Options
    I have one protein shake a day or so in the afternoon when I am on the verge of being hungry after lunch but before I head home from work. I will spend about an hour sipping it, and just having something like that keeps me satisfied.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i am having two.. i'm counting calories and watching carbs.. i upped my protein intake.. i use it to supplement my meals. usually during snack time
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i've made one for breakfast today and yesterday because i couldnt' get it together to make a better breakfast.

but the only other time i make them is after a workout and count it as my meal/post workout food. i don't like consuming many smoothies/shakes because i prefer whole food.