pre spending calories?

Options
So earlier this week I had a problem with eating enough calories but Ive been planning my meals a night in advance and just eating in accordance to my plan. Now Im getting closer to my calorie goal, but is it okay to do that? Maybe that question sounds dumb but is it ok to plan my calories days in advance?

Replies

• neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    As long as you're honestly logging what & how much you eat, this is actually a great idea (definitely NOT wrong or dumb). It takes some time getting used to a different way of eating...as you get more used to how much you need to eat, and at what times of the day, you can definitely make your plan more flexible and do less planning ahead, but for now I'd say if it's working for you, then keep it up!
  • cnmince
    cnmince Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If this is wrong, I don't wanna be right, LOL. I do this all the time with dinner. After logging all the days' calories, I enter the things I plan to eat for dinner to see if I can "afford" dessert.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals a week ahead of time, snacks included. It helps me to focus at the grocery store. Then I log everything the night before and make adjustments the day of based on calories burned, or if I ended up eating differently! It especially helps since Im away from home 10 hours of the day.
  • foodietrudie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just want to go about this whole thing correctly because I want to see results!!!