Juicing ??( As in a jucier )

Tedebearduff
Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
Anyone have any clue how to track juice made with a juicer ? Also any suggestions or recipes for juicing ????? I'm starting tomorrow not as a meal replacement or anything like that just want to add some more natural vitamins into me body.

Replies

• foreverxena
    foreverxena Posts: 8 Member
    I bought Juicing for LIfe at Half Price Books. It has a lot of great recipes.

I'm only on day 2 but I like

Vegetable Express
    Chard - 1 leaf
    Spinach - 1 cup
    Carrots - 4 med
    Brocolli Flowerets - 3
    Green Apple - 1

Year-Round Cleansing Cocktail
    Parsley - 2 sprigs
    Wheatgrass - (used whole thing you buy at stores, but I think you get more from just spinach or chard, wont use again)
    Carrots - 4 med
    Celery - 2 stalks
    Apple - 1
    Beet - 1/2
    (I don't like taste of beets but they are really GOOD for you, so I added 2 limes and 1 lemon peeled first and it had a great sour taste - just add one and taste till you like it)

Pink Morning Tonic
    Pink Grapefruit - 1 peeled
    Apple - 1
    ( I also included 1 Chard leaf to get more greens and you can't taste it. Might do 2 next time)

Cherie's Cleansing Cocktail
    Ginger Root - 1/4"
    Beat - 1/2
    Apple - 1
    Carrots - 4 med
    Lemon - 1

Hope that helps!
  • foreverxena
    Also you should go on youtube and watch fat, sick and nearly dead....great story how juicing can help cure some diseases
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    The database has several listings for the calories and nutritional data in freshly juiced items. I've found that supplementing juice in between meals is very beneficial, nutritious, low-cal, and helps with hunger.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    I LOVE experimenting with adding fresh basil, cilantro, ginger, garlic, jalapenos, herbs etc. for interesting flavors (and some super nutrients)...also a big squirt of lemon juice makes almost any fresh juice taste awesome. Cucumbers are fantastic too, so refreshing. There are several places here in Portland that do killer fresh juices, if I find one I love, I'll recreate it at home...or I'll just read their menus and steal ideas. :wink: Enjoy your juicer...such a delicious way to get concentrated nutrients!
  • foreverxena
    Check out this site for recipies!!!

http://blog.williams-sonoma.com/30-days-of-juicing/
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Do a search in the database for "calories from juicing [food you're entering]".
    I love juicing, too! It gets me more nutritious vegetables without the chore of having to eat a ton of salads every day. You might also want to alternate with green smoothies if you have a blender, because then you can keep the fiber - it's just ground down so much that you can still drink it like juice.

My favorite green smoothie combo:

1/2 cup kale
    2 cups romaine lettuce
    1/4 cup dandelion greens
    1/2 cup spinach
    1/3 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup cucumber
    Liquid stevia to sweeten