Advice on Toning

Options
I can't go to a gym, nor can I afford to buy anything to really help. I'm a student and very much in debt.

Anyways, I wanted advice on toning. I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing it, like what exercises to do and everything.

Thanks to everyone that helps!

Replies

• lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am *told* that this combination burns about 100 calories:

40 jumping jacks
    30 crunches
    20 squats
    10 push-ups

All of those things are equipment-free, and you can add cans of soup or something to your squats for weights if you want!

Is there a playground near your home? You can use the equipment there for step-ups, calf-raises, tricep-dips, and inclined push-ups.
  • outlaw5353
    outlaw5353 Posts: 50
    Options
    not saying but i have heard of people downloading insanity its equipment free umm just saying thats what the word is on the street ;)
  • menypenny
    menypenny Posts: 1
    Options
    hey girl....here's my advise to all

1. get use to taking the stairs and avoid the elevator whenever possible....i am so use to this now that look forward to stairs now....quick fix for the butt and calf muscles

2. when you need to go to supermarket, mall....etc......park as far as possible (always a well lit...think safety first), then jog to the front door....if you cant jog....squeeze your butt cheeks as you walk all the way to the door... do this ever time and you will see you glutts get tight in no time.

3. everytime you use the ladies room....do 10 hip crunches.....(bringing your knee to your elbow and you bend from side to side)....i love these because i CANT NOT DO ABS CRUNCHES because of my back.....these tighten up your abs and a give you a very nice shape. this excercise always keeps you metobalic rate a higher level THROUGHOUT the day.

just by doing 2 and 3 everytime you will feel like you just workout at the gym everyday....it's great for the your brain and body.

GOOD LUCK
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    30 minutes a day of burpees.