Realistic goal? 15 lbs down in 30 days

2»

Replies

• I am scared to weigh myself!! Before my wedding I was 148-150lbs, I am 5'3-5'4, ever since i've been eating wayyy too much, I admitt, and i'm sure i've gone up atleast 10lbs :[ I want to aim to get down to 140lbs at first and eventually drop to 130lbs... is 10lbs in 30 days realistic?
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    what's the rush?
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    15 lbs. is fine... but why 30 days? Are you itching to fall back to old habits before you even start?
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    I am scared to weigh myself!! Before my wedding I was 148-150lbs, I am 5'3-5'4, ever since i've been eating wayyy too much, I admitt, and i'm sure i've gone up atleast 10lbs :[ I want to aim to get down to 140lbs at first and eventually drop to 130lbs... is 10lbs in 30 days realistic?

To lose one pound you must burn 3500 more calories than you are taking in. A REASONABLE goal, according to any legitimate resource, is 2 lbs loss per week. Assuming:

1) You have established a healthy eating plan that includes at least a 500 daily calorie deficit ( translation = you eat less than you burn)
    2) You are burning at least 500 additional calories each day through exercise

You will achieve your 2 lb loss each week. Do the math and you MAY be able to reach your 10 lb goal in 30 days. Work hard, and you will more likely make it closer to 8.

Good luck!
  • Thanks so much!!! I got started today, I am eating a salad tonight!!! see if maybe cutting back on dinners help as well.
  • No offense, but all the posts suggesting that it is impossible or unhealthy are from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Yes, it is realistic. Yes it can be healthy (depending on how you do it). And yes, you can maintain that weight as long as you like.

I graduated college weighing 192 lbs, and I lost 34 lbs in two months, and another 15 lbs over the next two months (during which I had my knee scoped). I did this by eating healthy and exercising. Running, swimming and weight training, combined with healthy eating habits will cause quick weight loss. I did not cheat on my eating or exercise habits....I even began running a slow two miles one week after my knee surgery to accomplish my goal. That was 15 years ago, and the weight has stayed off.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    No offense, but all the posts suggesting that it is impossible or unhealthy are from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Yes, it is realistic. Yes it can be healthy (depending on how you do it). And yes, you can maintain that weight as long as you like.

I graduated college weighing 192 lbs, and I lost 34 lbs in two months, and another 15 lbs over the next two months (during which I had my knee scoped). I did this by eating healthy and exercising. Running, swimming and weight training, combined with healthy eating habits will cause quick weight loss. I did not cheat on my eating or exercise habits....I even began running a slow two miles one week after my knee surgery to accomplish my goal. That was 15 years ago, and the weight has stayed off.
    Hmmmm.... your first post and you say people don't know what they are talking about? Nice and friendly, I'd say.

You didn't lose weight because you ate healthy and exercised, you lost because you ate at a calorie deficit.

It's your business if you lost weight super duper fast, but you have no business promoting it here.

The majority of people who do the super duper weight loss thing do not keep it off, you just happen to be one person who has.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    No offense, but all the posts suggesting that it is impossible or unhealthy are from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Yes, it is realistic. Yes it can be healthy (depending on how you do it). And yes, you can maintain that weight as long as you like.

Errr....no.
  • Sarauk2sf
    OP: I am confused. You say you want to lose 15lb before July but are asking if 15lb is realistic in 30 days. There are 86 days before July.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    OP: I am confused. You say you want to lose 15lb before July but are asking if 15lb is realistic in 30 days. There are 86 days before July.

Confused me until I read the date :wink:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member

This thread is 2 years old, I have no idea why the person resurrected it.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member

LOL
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member

Because it's almost Easter, y'all!
  • Sarauk2sf

Oh crap! lol.

And what a good post to resurrect it with /sarcasm font!