What's your favorite all natural water flavoring?

Options
I'm only drinking water and coffee right now, and would like some ideas of how to spice up my glass of water with dinner...
ya know, add a little variety?

I was thinking of trying:

-Mint leaves

-Cucumber

-Strawberries and blueberries

What kinds of fruits or herbs do some of you like to add to your water? I'm not a huge lemon fan, so that's out! lol

Replies

• ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    I've taken watermelon, cut it into chunks that will fit into an ice cube tray and freeze them.

I've also tried using frozen peaches as "ice cubes."
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I've taken watermelon, cut it into chunks that will fit into an ice cube tray and freeze them.

I've also tried using frozen peaches as "ice cubes."

That's a really great idea! I have both of those right now! Thanks, seriously...that sounds awesome!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I also make herbal tea concentrate. I just brew a few leaves (bags) into one cup of water -- enough for 3-4 cups. Maybe add stevia. And then brew as usual. Then I just add a few drops to my water. Or a lot more to make iced tea. It keeps in the fridge for like 2 weeks.
  • 4cdesoto
    4cdesoto Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All,
    Watermelon, peaches, lemon slices, cucumber and strawberries. Infused water, yum... :P
    It's so refreshing and tasty, my 10 yr old is enjoying it now.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I also make herbal tea concentrate. I just brew a few leaves (bags) into one cup of water -- enough for 3-4 cups. Maybe add stevia. And then brew as usual. Then I just add a few drops to my water. Or a lot more to make iced tea. It keeps in the fridge for like 2 weeks.

That sounds like a good idea, too! I'm the only one in the house who drinks tea, so if I make a whole pitcher it spoils before I can finish it...I will have to try!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I have some honey dew chunks freezing right now. =]
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    lots of lemon and sugar.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    lemon juice
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    my body never gets tired of the unflavored variety. it's true! :D
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i use super pure (therapeutic grade) essential oils of lemon, wild orange, or peppermint, that way i don't get the bitter taste you get when the fruit/vegetables sit in the water all day... delicious! i use DoTERRA brand
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    hum.. steamed distilled at room temp....

don't hate me because i'm fancy :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    water flavored water...

But if you don't like "just water" then try putting in a small slice of lemon in there to give it a bit of flavor
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    my body never gets tired of the unflavored variety. it's true! :D

Oh, I LOVE my plain water...I drink tons! I'm just looking for something a little special to go with dinner some nights. Soda, flavored water, or crystal light *ew* just make me feel even thirstier.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    i use super pure (therapeutic grade) essential oils of lemon, wild orange, or peppermint, that way i don't get the bitter taste you get when the fruit/vegetables sit in the water all day... delicious! i use DoTERRA brand

I have some of that laying around, I'm going to give it a go!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    water flavored water...

But if you don't like "just water" then try putting in a small slice of lemon in there to give it a bit of flavor

no, no, no...I love my plain water...I do however dislike artifially flavored waters from the grocery store.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    there's also this stuff called "sassy water" that's in the Flat Belly Diet book that has cucumber, ginger, mint and lemon that is quite tasty, and you can make a big pitcher of it and you can use the fruits/veggies the second day too
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    there's also this stuff called "sassy water" that's in the Flat Belly Diet book that has cucumber, ginger, mint and lemon that is quite tasty, and you can make a big pitcher of it and you can use the fruits/veggies the second day too

mmmm...That does sound sassy!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    A tiny bit of lime juice. 1/2 tsp.??
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    lemon wedges =)
  • Ksan032
    Ksan032 Posts: 3
    Options