why aint i losing weight

Options

Replies

• MizzKeisha
    MizzKeisha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yea i dont like typing on this tab so i try to make it short as possible but yeah im sure ill get through it and start heading out on the right track lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    5'6 and no i didnt i will tho

At 5 6" you should definately be eating more than you are. Try changing your goals when you can and hang in there.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • thinnerthaniam
    thinnerthaniam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda messes with your blood sugar levels and makes you feel hungry.....I also saw a segment on Dr. Oz the other day about it..check out his website...maybe it's on there. Anything diet usually contains artificial sweeteners and there's nothing but bad news all the time about those...you're better off eating real sugar if you need sweet.....Stevia is a great alternative if you need to have sweet drinks. Stevia is food for the pancreas which helps to balance blood sugar...great for diabetics! Dr. Tei Fu Chen's picture and message is on the back of the box of Stevia at Sprouts or use to be....hmm. Dr. Chen also makes a liquid form of Stevia which is always better than powder.
  • thinnerthaniam
    thinnerthaniam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Diet's don't work....Not long term anyway. Gotta change your way of eating by doing something you can live with forever...not just a quick fix. Our bodies are more complex than that. Eat all colors of fruits and vegetables. Each body system requires different color vegetable....so the more variety in that area the better you'll feel. If you just change things around...switch a few bad things out for veggies and eat the other stuff sparingly.... Exercise and drink lot's of green tea which has a cleansing effect on the body.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i made it public but zhe diet was for 2 weeks and i did like week and a half and i was suppose to lose about 3-4.pounds but didnt and it was about 1100 calories a day and the diet was getting so borin eatin same thing so maybe i need to get a fitness dvd or something cuz my weight keeps going up and down.

Your problem is a lack of a period, which causes water retention. Try periods and see what happens.
  • sar586
    sar586 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i made it public but zhe diet was for 2 weeks and i did like week and a half and i was suppose to lose about 3-4.pounds but didnt and it was about 1100 calories a day and the diet was getting so borin eatin same thing so maybe i need to get a fitness dvd or something cuz my weight keeps going up and down.

Your problem is a lack of a period, which causes water retention. Try periods and see what happens.

Hahahaha.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i was doing a diet and gave up i do yoga a bit and still nothing says i lost then gained again ugh whazpt am i doing wrong it shouldnt b this hard :-(

The best thing to do is use one of the calorie workouts where you in put your age, height and weight, then it tells you how many calories to stick to and how many to stick within if you want to lose say 1lbs a week etc.

Aswell as sticking within the calories check your intake of foods and how much fat, sodium and carbs are in them as this could be something which may be high.

And some exercise with that will help too. x
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that KFC, chicken nuggets and fries will not help you lose weight?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda messes with your blood sugar levels and makes you feel hungry.....I also saw a segment on Dr. Oz the other day about it..check out his website...maybe it's on there. Anything diet usually contains artificial sweeteners and there's nothing but bad news all the time about those...you're better off eating real sugar if you need sweet.....Stevia is a great alternative if you need to have sweet drinks. Stevia is food for the pancreas which helps to balance blood sugar...great for diabetics! Dr. Tei Fu Chen's picture and message is on the back of the box of Stevia at Sprouts or use to be....hmm. Dr. Chen also makes a liquid form of Stevia which is always better than powder.
    Remember this day. I promise you after you are on this site for a few months you will look back at this post and laugh. For many reasons!
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to be negative, but from the little amount of info. you revealed it sounds like your a yo-yoer. You try something for a short period of time see no results and stop, then move on later on to try something different. I use to be like that. CONSISTENCY. You have to have a plan and stick to it, you should be eating no less than 1200 calories a day, yoga won't do squat for you...it's for flexibility and relaxation (it can actually slow ur metabolism). I suggest starting a challenging cardio program 3 days a week for atleast 30 minutes and do weight training 3 days a week for atleast 30 minutes, drink tons of water (very important). But don't go below 1200 calories, if you burn 500 calories....that means your body was left with only 700 calories to live on for the day....that's starvation, it will slow fatloss (can even make u gain) and your slow metabolism. The more you workout the more you can eat. You have to fuel your body and your muscles for them to work more efficiently. Results don't come over night, they might not come every week....you just have to continue on....if you yo-yo your body will yo-yo, quit confusing it and stick with something for awhile.
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What do you mean you're not losing? I looked at your ticker & it says you've lost 9 lbs. But I also took a look at your diary and I have to agree with the above poster.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of junk food on the days that you have logged- KFC-Pizza pockets and potato chips are NOT helping you.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 70% diet and 30% excercise. What you put in your body makes a huge difference on your ability to lose weight and maintain a healthy energy level. Hit your macros, eat lean meats and incorporate more veggies and water into your diet
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Judging from your diary, you need to eat more. There are days you don't even eat 700 calories! And also watch your sodium intake. I saw you aren't tracking that, but the foods you are eating are very high in sodium, and that will make you retain water.
  • KSCarnivore
    Options
    aint isn't a word.

Use proper punctuation.

Use the "search" button before posting this topic, as it has been asked 100 times in the past 30 days.

You tell her, Sister!
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Diet's don't work....Not long term anyway. Gotta change your way of eating by doing something you can live with forever...not just a quick fix. Our bodies are more complex than that. Eat all colors of fruits and vegetables. Each body system requires different color vegetable....so the more variety in that area the better you'll feel. If you just change things around...switch a few bad things out for veggies and eat the other stuff sparingly.... Exercise and drink lot's of green tea which has a cleansing effect on the body.

Is there, like, a chart? I would hate to eat a green apple if what I really needed was a red one.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

What on earth are you talking about. Please cite valid scientific sources.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Each body system requires different color vegetable
    What the crap???
  • starcatcher248
    Options
    You're not losing weight because you're eating the wrong things. Period. It's not so much about the calories as it doesn't seem that you're underrating for your height. (I would also double check that you are correctly logging quantities. I saw that you ate 4/5 of a pizza, but it was only logged as 270 calories. This is impossible.) You can still lose weight if you keep carbs low and calories within a reasonable amount of 1200-1300. Obviously high intensity cardio and some lifting will help you as well (bodyrock.tv is a great website for do at home workouts that you can get for free.) Also, intermittent fasting might be a good way to kickstart your metabolism (assuming that you research it well and are eating the correct nutritional foundation so that you don't get ill.)