ashtanga yoga?

Options
do u do this and does it help with toning and losing weight ive been doing it for about a week and i feel myself being able to stretch firther but does it help with weight loss?

Replies

• trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been doing yoga since July last year. I've noticed my balance is definitely better, my lower back will crack more easily, and most important, my muscles seem to not be as tight. Plus, it helps me relax.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well, the main benefits are improving flexibility, balance, coordination, and strength. But, any calorie burn benefits wouldn't be particullarly high. I love itthough. If there is one thing in my workout routine I wouldn't give up, yoga would be it.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    What you eat is going to be the main component of weight loss, but I found Ashtanga yoga worked as part of my weight loss regimen. I walk about 3 miles on work days as part of my journey and I get down the gym maybe on average once a week if that, and practice Ashtanga yoga 3 -6 times a week.

Ashtanga is enough to maintain a reasonable amount of muscle mass whilst losing weight and to give you some CV fitness with all of the vinyasas as well as improving flexibility and balance. Achieving this is a matter of consistency though - if it's going to be your only form of exercise you will need to practice at least 4 times a week.
  • carmelamturner
    Options
    A very famous style popularly known as ‘Power yoga’. It is high in demand and the physical body in today’s hectic lifestyle also demands this style. Anyone who wishes to tone one’s body or has had an athlete regime will be fond of this style. This style uses many props like straps, blocks, cushions and harnesses. It is more like a physical therapy because there are many alignments involve din it. This is a more spiritual style. It stresses on the ‘celebration of heart’.