Congrats!!!
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I know the feeling too... I was NEVER a runner, I couldnt even finish the "MILE" in high school... that was until one day in January when I decided to compete in a triathlon and start training, which meant running. And I have been HOOKED ever since! I would rather run then train doing anything else :bigsmile:

I am constantly striving for a PR (personal record) so I am always pushing myself harder. Keep it up and you'll be racing in no time! :wink:
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I myself used to hate to run. I could only do about 2 miles. Then I learned of the Jeff Galloway run-walk method. Check it out, you will enjoy running in no time!
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Check out runforyourlife.com. It is a 5k obstacle course where zombies try to "kill" you. Sort of like the tuff mudder, but with zombies.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I only started running 5 years ago and I am so happy I started. I remember when I couldn't run for 2 min. without my legs begging me to stop. The idea of running a mile, much less 3 miles without stopping to walk seemed impossible. Now I run 5k's, I've done some half marathons, marathons and I'm training to run another marathon in December. It really is amazing what you can do if you keep plugging away at it. Good luck!!