Best of the Best!

Options
Ok, Ive decided this skipping meals is a really big nono :blushing: So I wanna take a Poll:

Best shakes/drinks to replace meals......lets say...top 3! GO!

:drinker:

Replies

• mdgoodwin0415
    Options
    Smoothies are good meal replaces and I drink boost and love it! Also Carnation Instant Breakfast is good
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I make my own smoothies so I can control the amount of sugar in them. Refined sugar makes you hungrier. So, I use a scoop of protien powder, 4oz plain yougurt, a banana, and frozen berries (whatever I'm in the mood for). I usually don't need it sweeter, but you can always add a sugar substitute if you do.
  • azwildcatfan94
    Options
    This isn't a drink, but a quick snack could be 15 grams almonds, 1 stick 2% cheese stick, 1 piece of fruit.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've been making my own smoothies with fresh fruit and greek yogurt, plus ground flax, sometimes some almond butter.
  • dyf11710
    dyf11710 Posts: 19
    Options
    my favorite is

8 oz fat free milk
    half a frozen banana
    1 serving of natural peanut butter
    3 ice cubes
    1 scoop of whey protein

its really good, and very filling
  • Shakes
    Shakes Posts: 54
    Options
    my favorite is

8 oz fat free milk
    half a frozen banana
    1 serving of natural peanut butter
    3 ice cubes
    1 scoop of whey protein

its really good, and very filling
    where do i find whey protein?:blushing:
  • azwildcatfan94
    Options
    [/quote]
    where do i find whey protein?:blushing:
    [/quote]

Almost anywhere... Walmart, Fry's (Kroger), GNC, health food stores, etc.
  • Shakes
    Shakes Posts: 54
    Options
    now, i have to cut back on sodium...are these all good choices for low sodium?
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I need to restrict my caffeine, so when we go out to Starbucks on Fridays I get a Vivanno Smoothie with protein powder and skim milk. Of course it's pricey, but it's a treat, and it's ve-r-r-r-r-ry tasty!
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    You can honestly make your own shakes with anything in the house! Any fruits are good (blendable ones), a dairy product (frozen yogurt, skim milk or soy milk, yogurt...), I like to add peanut butter..., flax is good to add, you can add spinach and not even taste it for extra vitamins! Adding any kind of protein powder is good and will help keep you full longer...Get creative!