fruit (not about eating it...)

Options
i see the terms apple and pear thrown around everywhere but i can't for the life of me figure out which i am. i carry most of my weight in my stomach and thighs. i don't carry much in the chest area.

thoughts?

Replies

• azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    pear
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Then I believe that makes you a pear. I think 'apples' carry weight everywhere giving one that round apple shape.
    I think I have an hour glass shape. I carry my weight in my hips, thighs and chest but not so much in my waist.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'll take apple or pear as long as no one calls me an ugly fruit... how does one become a pineapple? i'd really like to know :drinker:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    i see the terms apple and pear thrown around everywhere but i can't for the life of me figure out which i am. i carry most of my weight in my stomach and thighs. i don't carry much in the chest area.

thoughts?
    Pear! You just have to picture the shape of the fruit as compared to the human body from hips to torso. Apple is round all over (person whose weight is equally distributed...eg round). Pear is thin at the stem & round at the bottom (person who is bottom heavy....small torso, most weight in lower body). An Hourglass is the same size at the top & bottom & very narrow in the middle (person whose waist is small in comparison to torso & hips). I'm an hourglass so finding pants that fit my hips mean having lots of extra room in the waist.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    think of the fruit of the loom commercials, if you look like him, you know the apple, where your legs and arms tend to be skinny and all the rest if full you are an apple. a pear is bottom heavy, belly thighs and legs tend to be larger.

if you are going to be big a pear shape has a lower risk of heart disease, however you should try to get to a healthy weight regardless of shape, which I'm sure you have already figured out! :wink:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Hmm... think that makes me a strawberry :happy:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Hmm... think that makes me a strawberry :happy:

I love strawberries! Had some last night and will have more for breakfast with some raspberries - mmmmm

But to answer the question I would say pear also.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've heard "pear" is the normal fat distribution in women (hips and thighs) and "apple" the normal pattern in men (around the waist). Apple shape is a risk factor for diabetes and heart disease. The fat around the waist is also the hardest to lose :sad:

Having said that, I think I'm a Chinese pear - big waist and big bottom! :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I went to myshape.com and if you put in an insane amount of measurements they will tell you your shape.

I am an S it says women with curvy silohettes in front and profile with softened shoulders and a defined waist with balanced hips and bust. I don't know how this relates to fruit shape but if will help you find some clothes:laugh:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I don't really fit into any of the fruit shapes. I have a big chest, extra around the tummy, good sized booty and thighs and my leg's are big also. I guess I am a carrot or banana. I don't know. I understand apple and pear shape, you sound pearish.
    :laugh: Good Topic

228826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your help