Whey or Whey isolate

Options
missjewl
missjewl Posts: 214 Member
I have been using Body fortress Whey Isolate protein powder for a while now and I like it. The only thing is I can only find it in chocolate or vanilla. The body fortress Whey protein (not isolate) comes in different flavors. Can someone please tell me what the difference between the 2 is other than the lactose biz???

Replies

• akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    Look, at the end of the day, protein is protein, whether you get WPC (concentrate), WPI (Isolate), or just WHEY (blend). The difference between the three is the absorption rate. If you just did a hardcore workout and want to refeed your muscles and body with the much needed protein and amino acids straight away, go for WPI. Regardless, WPC, WPI or Blend do the same thing.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    isolate is just a faster delivery then standard whey protein...so unless your taking it right after you lift weights or hard exersize this doesnt matter all that much. In the end protein is protein you cant go wrong with increasing your intake weither its isolate or straight whey or a combo of proteins
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    wika says

Whey protein typically comes in three major forms: concentrate (WPC), isolate (WPI), and hydrolysate (WPH).

Concentrates have typically a low (but still significant) level of fat and cholesterol but, in general, have higher levels of bioactive compounds, and carbohydrates in the form of lactose — they are 29%–89% protein by weight.
    Isolates are processed to remove the fat, and lactose, but are usually lower in bioactivated compounds as well — they are 90%+ protein by weight. Both WPC and WPI are mild to slightly milky in taste.
    Hydrolysates are whey proteins that are predigested and partially hydrolyzed for the purpose of easier metabolizing, but their cost is generally higher.[8] Highly-hydrolysed whey may be less allergenic than other forms of whey.