new to the community part...

Options
debi_f
debi_f Posts: 330 Member
Hi, everyone!

I've been using the food and exercise diaries for a couple of months, but haven't come over here to the forums until now. (Feel a bit silly posting, even now, but hey, what the heck)

Anyway, I started with a goal of losing 40 pounds, and I'm at 39 at the moment, so I'm feeling pretty darn good! Also lost 3 jeans' sizes (and am now comfortably wearing a size I haven't worn since I was in high school...30 years ago!). Things are going well.

I've added another 5 pounds so my original goal, so I have 6 more to be where I would LOVE to be. My biggest worry at the moment is reaching my goal, then losing "it" -- gaining everything back or something. What do you all do to maintain once you reach your goals?

Thanks!
Debi

Replies

• MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    fantastic acheivement! well done debi

I am a little nervy as I have only three pounds to lose to reach goal. I have decided to keep logging in my diary daily and try to work out my maintenance level, I will probably lose a few pound or even put a few pound on but I should be able to work out what will work for me.

congrats on your weightloss :smile:
  • debi_f
    Options
    Thanks, Tezrah!

I'm also wondering about the whole maintenance thing. I love the diary -- just the idea of having to add something to it will keep me from snacking on something I shouldn't. ;-)

Congrats on your weight loss! It's nice to know there are others who are closing in on their goals, too!
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    If you've been logging for 3 months, I believe you have this down pat. I've only been doing it for about 3 weeks and I have noticed a change. Example; I wanted sausage for breakfast, checked the nutrition value, and I had to put it.back and get the Bacon. Eating 2 pieces of sausage, verses the Bacon. It just wasn't worth it. You can do this, you could also increase your calories just a little bit every week. Just.til you start maintaining. Good luck with it!
  • debi_f
    Options
    I do the same thing, Josie!

And you're right, I think I have the "losing" part down okay -- it's almost a "comfortable" place for me at this point. Maintenance will work, too -- but that's still 6 pounds away. (that's what I keep telling myself now anyway) ;-)