Breakfast ideas, other than eggs!

Options
13»

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    There are some not-super-processed breakfast sausage that I like... Al Fresco brand.. if you like those!

Could do a protein shake ... add fruit for extra yumminess

Oatmeal with 28397423 different options for additives- protein powder, peanut butter, fruit (dried or fresh!)

I also tend to eat leftovers for breakfast. Don't limit yourself to just "breakfast" foods :)
  • christakersey
    Options
    Mine is based on eggs, but our favorite breakfast is just eggs, sausage and cheese mixed together and baked in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, maybe a little less. We fry up a pound of sausage and cut up a smallish block of sharp cheddar cheese, more or less depending on how much cheese you like, and mix it in with 16 or 20 eggs. We use a large scoop that we have, probably about 1/2 cup to 2/3, and fill ou rmuffin pans. We don't line them, just spray them with nonstick spray. It makes 24 "muffins" and we put them in the fridge and just warm them in the microwave when we want them. This last time I even put spinach in them and they are delicious!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i will take my greek yogurt and add frozen strawberries and 1/2 a banana and a splash of milk and make a smoothie! It is cold but so yummy. Works better in the summer. Cool and refreshing after an early morning work out!

:laugh: Haaa, I'm guessing you aren't in the USA... It IS summer time here... :laugh:
  • christakersey
    Options
    this AM I made oatmeal...I put in some canned pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice ;) yum

This sounds DELICIOUS!!!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal is my new favorite. Equal amounts old fashioned oats and yogurt, a little milk, and add whatever ingredients you want to flavor it up. I favor a bit of cocoa powder, a bit more peanut butter, some cinnamon, and a splash of sweetener (maple syrup, honey, sugar, molasses, whatever floats your boat). But you can throw pretty much ANYTHING in there.
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, turkey pepperoni, slice of ff cheese in a low fat wrap. Or steel cut oatmeal with banana or any fruit and egg whites, Steel cut seems more filing than the more processed oatmeal.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's bread for me everyday, I make my own breads. They are generally healthier, without butter in them. . Today it was whole wheat with avocado. Other times - Light rye bread with Gouda cheese, Italian Herb Bread with cheddar cheese, white bread with butter, occasionally, a sausage, prosciutto, or hard boiled eggs for variety. And now, I try to add a fruit as well. Coffee everyday too and moe, I add skim milk to ensure I get my calcium. Once awhile, I will have Chinese buns - char siew bao, or Portuguese egg tart.
  • empeyl
    empeyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been eating Shredded Wheat with milk and bananas, very filling and very yummy
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with fruit. I prefer a nice protein shake with fresh blended fruit mixed it. That is a high calorie breakfast with alot of energy boosting in it. However it is hard to take down sometimes but you can switch it up
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    - cottage cheese mixed w/ berries, cinnamon & sugar or nuts!
    - peanut banana sandwich
    - oatmeal w/ berries
    - ryvita bread w/ ham and sliced cucumber
    - whole wheat english muffin w/jam

++++ :smile:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    protein bar and yogurt, or oatmeal and toast
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have bran flakes with skimmed milk, and sometimes a yoghurt afterwards
  • Roxana135
    Roxana135 Posts: 1
    Options
    ummm sounds really good I will try that :) thanks!
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just got back from work and seen all of your replies and I am so grateful! There is so much new stuff for me to try, I can't wait to get in the kitchen now:)
  • skybluesounds
    Options
    i usually have a bagel with laughing cow cream cheese, but sometimes when i have a little more time i make a breakfast burrito!!! so yummy!!! i found recipe on pinterest, all you do is spray a bowl with cooking spray, add one egg and two egg whites and stir, microwave for 45 seconds and then stir and microwave for another 45. once its cooked all the way you break it up again and then microwave one whole grain tortilla for ten seconds. Then pour egg onto warm tortilla and add about a 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese ( i use chedder) and a little salsa. It should come to around 350 cals and its really good!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bump for later