A week of NO exercises

Options
hello...so last week i pulled my muscles badly that i hav to stop for a week or so...is it possible to stay on the same weight or losing a bit weight without doin any exercises for a while if u eat correctly and take no more than the calories you need? thanks :)

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yes it is - exercise is part of weight loss but our eating habits are equally if not more important. Heal then get back to exercising.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and if you're used to getting tons of exercise calories and think staying within your daily calories will be difficult check out all the threads on extremely low cal foods people go for when they're still hungry (lettuce or chicken broth or stuff like that). Get better and good luck!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    If you have been exercising regularly and have to stop, it does not have to derail your program, but be aware that some changes will take place, even if the scale weight doesn't.

You will probably lose some fat free mass (not necessarily muscle), mostly in the area of fluid shifts and stored muscle glycogen.

These changes will reverse themselves once you begin exercising again. Just be prepared that the effects will be delayed--and your scale weight readings may seem a little "off" once you start back up as your body reestablishes an "exercise" homeostasis.

In other words, your scale weight may stay the same for now (or even decrease a little if you watch your calorie intake), but then go up a little when you resume exercising or plateau somewhat.

No big deal.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    The very most important thing to a healthy lifestyle is what you eat/drink.

Exercise is only a part of it.