Good Friday Morning Everyone! I'm New, 52, and need You

KatNunya
KatNunya Posts: 14 Member
Hello to all you wonderful, inspirational people. I think it goes without saying how comforting it is to not be alone in this and, one of my bad habits as a fatty is not participating--even in on-line forums or support groups. So, I would love to have some MFP friends. I need help getting past the initial week or 2 of being good to myself as I then self-sabotage and convince myself nothing will change, I'm a loser, and what's the point. I will somehow irrationally rationalize I don't REALLY need to record every morsel eaten, that I know what I'm doing, etc., that I am too tired (or sore or depressed) to exercise, etc. Soooo how about it -- let's be friends?

Replies

• Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    u can do it i am goin thru my first week as well and at first it is hard but with all the support and encouragement i have gotten on here in the past 3 days has given me the confidence that i can do this so i am here to help add me and we can help support each other
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: If you are really serious about getting support and encouragement, please join us on the women ages 50+ thread.....here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/616653-women-ages-50-for-june-2012?page=9#posts-9022496

this is a place where you'll find women who will be there for you and provide encouragement and lots of answers to your questions.

good luck---do it one day at a time.
    :bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    You sound EXACTLY like me when I first decided to get rid of all my excess weight!! You are crueler to yourself that any person on earth would EVER be to you. You can do this and you are most certainly are worth the time and effort. It won't be a "success only" journey...you will have bad days...but all you can do is chip away at it. As of today I have lost 132.8 lbs and I still have 112.2 lbs to go...so I hope you see that I understand where you're coming from and I know how much better you'll feel about yourself once you see what you're capable of. I have no doubt you can do it!! Have a wonderful day!
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    feel free to add me as a friend. We all need encouragement and a cheering section to help us survive each day. You can do it. I'm 56 and have lost 30lbs as of today. (yay) Another 15 to go. You can do it. One day at a time. It takes many drops of water to fill a sink but go on vacation and you come back to a flood.
  • Hi and welcome, thats how i felt when i first joint have sent you a friends request would love to support you in your journey