Bum knee

Options
Ok so about a year ago I had a bad knee sprain. It got better and I just banged it again a couple weeks ago. Still a little stiff but my question is, is it better to do light exercise on it or try to stay off it? I was just thinking maybe a 2 mile walk or something but I don't want to aggravate it if II shouldn't.

So, stay off it or go for the walk?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Depends. What did your doctor say?
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Ok so about a year ago I had a bad knee sprain. It got better and I just banged it again a couple weeks ago. Still a little stiff but my question is, is it better to do light exercise on it or try to stay off it? I was just thinking maybe a 2 mile walk or something but I don't want to aggravate it if II shouldn't.

So, stay off it or go for the walk?

Honestly I would go get a check up on it and see what the doctors says. Especially NO running or hard exercises until its fully healed because knees can become a nuisance if not taken care of properly. I would not walk more than a mile even just because even walking puts stress on your knees because of the hard surface as well as the body weight the knees need to support when walking. Good luck
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Went to a doctor for the original sprain and it was already almost healed at the time so she said go for it.

I haven't been this time because I don't feel it's warranted.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I should say the knee already feels better. Walking around the house I can't even feel it. I just don't know if walking will aggravate it again.