Has anyone done Insanity 5 days a week?

Options
I recently tried Insanity: Fast and Furious 20 minute max workout and really loved it and loved Shaun T's style. I have fallen off the exercise wagon in recent months and I think that maybe starting a new program like the full Insanity would help drag me back. I only want to workout Mon-Fri though and I'm wondering if I can alter the schedule to fit that and how to go about it.

Also if I started this now a week vacation to NC would fall in the middle of the 60 days. Could I still start the program, take that week off, and then start the second level when I got back. I guess NC would be my recovery week of sorrts..

Thoughts? Advice?

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yup, just do whatever you can whenever you can. It's better than doing nothing. You may have to adjust the schedule a little bit, like there's really no point in doing a recovery day after a rest day, etc.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    When I did it I cut out the recovery day (mostly Yoga) because I cannot do that type of exercise. It is too dependent on motor control abilities I do not possess.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I just ordered the program. I'm thinking maybe I'll skip the recovery day too and just do the 5 harder core workouts Mon-Fri and call it a week. Saturday and Sunday will be my "recovery days" where I'm still active doing stuff with the family but I won't do Insanity those two days. I'll also have to take a week off for my vacation but I'll be plenty active that week too and will just jump back in where I left off when I get back. I agree...doing it this way is better than not doing it at all and I'll still be getting in a great workout 5 days a week.
  • nilocori
    nilocori Posts: 1
    Options
    I did 1st month as scheduled. I started month 2 yesterday and I plan to do 5 days a week.
    I have my kids during the weekends and given that the workouts are 50% longer and harder I think 5 day a week works perfect for month two.
    My plan is to do 2-1-2 that being workout-recovery-workout. The sixth workout that I miss from each week I'll do at the end adding 1 more full week to the program.

I think you should do the same for the first month. Make it a 5 week schedule instead of the original 4. I wouldn't skip the rest workout in the middle since 5 days of regular workouts could be just too much. If you do a 5 day schedule you'll extend the program by 2 weeks which at the end might provide even better results as far as weight loss.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I just ordered the program. I'm thinking maybe I'll skip the recovery day too and just do the 5 harder core workouts Mon-Fri and call it a week. Saturday and Sunday will be my "recovery days" where I'm still active doing stuff with the family but I won't do Insanity those two days. I'll also have to take a week off for my vacation but I'll be plenty active that week too and will just jump back in where I left off when I get back. I agree...doing it this way is better than not doing it at all and I'll still be getting in a great workout 5 days a week.

The thing about Insanity recovery is it's not just a day off for recovery. The Insanity recovery is an intense workout of a different style. What I did when I did my two rounds of Insanity, was I just skipped a day or two when I needed to and picked up where I left off. It took me longer than 60 days to complete the program, but I also didn't miss workouts. I've used Insanity 2x and Asylum 2x to prepare for upcoming races, half marathons, but running less and doing Insanity more. It worked for me. I was able to do great by building my endurance with the intense program. But don't skip the recovery, it's really an awesome workout.
  • earnestfarley
    earnestfarley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 75 of Insanity and just came back from 10 days in Orlando. You can and should keep doing your workouts on vacation. I digitized the videos, uploaded them to my iPad and went with it. Both my wife and I stayed with it. We used the workout facility or in the room as long as no one is in the room below you.

No excuses! Crazy results.
  • earnestfarley
    earnestfarley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Trust me, the Recovery is difficult. Slow push ups are a killer. You won't burn as many calories but it is hard and I recommend you do the Recovery the first month. The overall totality of the program makes it necessary. For example, on Wednesday, you will feel the pain from Monday. By the way, I'm on day 75 of the program.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I cut out the "recovery" day when I did Insanity because I do not have the balance to be able to do even the most basic of Yoga poses. I've had to cut the Yoga day out entirely with all the beachbody workouts I've attempted.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut the recovery day...it focuses more on balance, muscle building, and control. I'll just take and let the 6th day fall on the next week like someone said and let the extra week add up.