Under 1200--- how do ye do it? o.O

Options

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I've been taking in about 1200 calories a day for the last two months
    Really ? I must be reading the wrong diary as you've been over 2000 a couple of times and I've not seen it below 1300.

I think she might mean net??
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Really ? I must be reading the wrong diary as you've been over 2000 a couple of times and I've not seen it below 1300.

my diary isnt accurate....apologies,my diary is purely to keep my boyfriend and friends happy as they see 1200 as too little...... my mistake!

however u are going completely off the point. If you read my post correctly, i was asking a question on how people survive with such little calories. no need to jump down my throat about my diary.....i was asking a general question about others.....
  • joker2348
    joker2348 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat something small every 2 hours and this seems to be the best thing for me plus I drink a lot of water during the day which fills me up. here is my calorie breakdown for the day....

8:00 am -Breakfast: 200 calories
    10:00am -snack: 100 Calories
    12:00pm -Lunch: 200 Calories
    2:00pm -snack: 100 Calories
    4:00pm-snack- 100 Calories
    6:00pm-Dinner: 500 Calories
    After dinner snack sometimes if I am craving sweets or anything - 50-100 Calories

1200-1300 Calories a day and I am rarely hunger :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

my diary isnt accurate....apologies,my diary is purely to keep my boyfriend and friends happy as they see 1200 as too little...... my mistake!

however u are going completely off the point. If you read my post correctly, i was asking a question on how people survive with such little calories. no need to jump down my throat about my diary.....i was asking a general question about others.....
    They're right.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you eat. My goal is 1200 calories a day, and my diet mainly consists of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables. The fiber is filling and I eat ALL day. It's just what I'm eating isn't very calorie dense so I can have much more food. 1200 is certainly not for everyone - I'm 5'2" and 118lbs. I also exercise and eat back most of my exercise calories, so sometimes I'm eating upwards of 1600 a day. Just do what feels right and comfortable to you. Don't use anyone on here as an example; we're all different!
  • vonallena
    vonallena Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 23 5'7 and 200lbs and I hover between 1300-1800 depending on my work out schedule. On days I don't workout, because I will be on the lower end of the calories, I make sure that most of the food I eat has a lot of protein in it. It keeps me full. I avoid carbs on those days too just because that tends to make me crave more food.

So a lot of 93/7 Ground Turkey Breast. It keeps me wicked full. make it into meatballs, roll it in curry powder, chopped basil, black pepper and red chili flakes. Pan fry with PAM spray, finish in the oven. Use Tzatziki or hummus for a dipping sauce.

Almost 2 months on MFP and I'm almost down 12lbs so I'm gonna keep going with what I'm doing.
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Some people are under supervised diets and take vitamins. I eat my 1200 per day but I'm 5 inches shorter than you and I take vitamins (D3, super foods like chlorella and spirulina and others) and eat clean so I'm not hungry nor tired. If you find yourself being hungry you need to look at what you are eating, look into taking some vitamins and maybe up your calorie intake because there's not such thing as a one size fits all when it comes to eating.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I eat something small every 2 hours and this seems to be the best thing for me plus I drink a lot of water during the day which fills me up. here is my calorie breakdown for the day....

8:00 am -Breakfast: 200 calories
    10:00am -snack: 100 Calories
    12:00pm -Lunch: 200 Calories
    2:00pm -snack: 100 Calories
    4:00pm-snack- 100 Calories
    6:00pm-Dinner: 500 Calories
    After dinner snack sometimes if I am craving sweets or anything - 50-100 Calories

1200-1300 Calories a day and I am rarely hunger :)

This is how it is for me 12-4, 4-8, 8-12, 12-4, 4-8, 8-12 = all split up = 200 calories per slot. I sleep through two or three slots, though, so that means if I sleep through two, I get 300 calories per slot, but if I sleep through three, I get 400 calories a slot. It's easier. Sometimes, I eat say a 600 calorie thing, but not until dinner. Like right now, it's breakfast, I'm going to eat a yogurt - 80 calories, a fruit cup - 25 calories, and a thing of string cheese - 80 which is 185 calories, which gives me 15 calories to move into the next slot.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm now eating 1700 cals and still losing. Check out the Eat More to Weigh Less group.
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weak, starving, exhausted, dizzy...

You need to STOP THIS. Please eat more. Please. Are you doing regular exercise?
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I stopped 1200 today. I am now on 1419 and trying the Eat More to Weigh Less group philosophy.

I can do 1200 calories a day. I just don't want to. I did my first ever MFP blog post today about it. I might continue to post updates to see if I continue to lose at that higher intake. I haven't reached a plateau, I am just bored O_O
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I've been taking in about 1200 calories a day for the last two months. And it has left me soo weak, starving, exhausted, dizzy.....

Alot of people on this that I have come across are actually surving on 500calories a day....AND LESS!.....As well as exercising on top of that!.......Alot of people are fasting, or doing liquid fasts etc......I've no interest in doing this to get the record straight......

I'm just wondering how in god's name do these people have the energy to live???:huh:

It is seriously boggling me :noway: :huh:

1200 cals a day is ridiculous, why do you feel like you need to eat so little?
  • HeatherLeahxx
    Options
    READ MY POST PROPERLY
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake is around 1600 calories and I am still losing weight. You need to increase your calories. Just increase the healthy foods and fruits to make up for the extra calories. Also, starting eating every 2-3 hours. It helps you get more calories in. Even if all those snacks are is fruit or yogurt, it will help keep your matabolism up, help you satisfy your caloric needs, and will help your energy.
  • janicewagnon
    Options
    It boggles the mind, how many people didn't understand the point of your original post.
  • bluegalcc
    bluegalcc Posts: 9
    Options
    The trick for me is to never let myself get hungry......so you have to eat nutritious foods and not waste any calories....oh and I really make sure I have at least 60 to 70 calories per day of protein. When I started the protein is when I could stay on a 1100 to 1200 cal per day plan. I also include Unjury protein powder supplements once a day 2b sure I get the protein right. I like the chocolate in my hot coffee and the strawberry in Crystal Light lemonade as it is only 100 calories and 20 grams of protein...this is the only brand that I cannot taste when mixed in. It took me a long time to figure out that not allowing myself to become hungry was the key to my losing.....good luck to you and hope this helps!!!
  • bluegalcc
    bluegalcc Posts: 9
    Options
    OOPS! Meant 60 to 70 grams of protein, not calories...sorry!!!:flowerforyou:
  • HeatherLeahxx
    Options
    It boggles the mind, how many people didn't understand the point of your original post.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • greatthursday
    Options
    People have eating disorders. :P Or they are weak, starving, dizzy, exhausted, etc.

I had trouble getting to 1200 yesterday but it was mostly because I ate lots of fruits and vegetables and meats and stuff. So I just wasn't that hungry. That's not always the case. I'm at 500 so far today and starving. Lunch soon!
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    READ MY POST PROPERLY
    Right. I read your post carefully word for word. Did you read my reply?

Not exactly feeling the attitude...