Does anybody else do this??

audiophile
audiophile Posts: 70
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have the weirdest "ritual" if I have super bad cravings (depending on if I have free time to do so/already at the computer/etc.)
I play cooking/food games online! :S It's so strange, but it really takes your mind off of it (of course, sometimes it backfires and I end up caving in anyway! :grumble:)

Anybody else do similar things? :smile:

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    No, I go for a walk with my puppies, go for a bike ride, go do a load of laundry, go read............

Do anything that is not food oriented.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    I love playing cooking games too especially diner dash:love: very addicting!!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    I have to keep it non-food related too. I used to watch hours of the food network, loved it I've really had to wean myself off that because I found it just always made me hungry.
  • I'm also addicted to the food games...:tongue: I especially like Hot Dog Bush and Sushi Chef!
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    When I get a craving, I first drink a pint of water with lemon and then see how I feel. If I still want it in 10 minutes, I'll try to give myself a little. But if it's a bad treat, and I'm dying for it, I say to myself, if you really want it, you have to cook it. Like cookies for example. I don't allow myself to buy cookies. If I just have to have to have to have chocolate chip cookies, I have to bake them from scratch (no forzen dough or pre-mixes). Somehow the work of baking lessens my cravings (like cooking) and I usually end up eating only one (ok, sometimes two). So that's sort of like your game.

Hot just out of the oven baked melty chocolate chip cookies (with ice cold milk)... mmmmmmm. Oh well, I don't feel like baking right now.:wink:
  • Sushi Chef is so fun, haha! :happy: Glad I'm not the only one. :smile: I try doing non-food related things, but I find I can't focus on whatever I'm doing... It's like a cyber-binge, in a way. :indifferent:
  • When I get a craving, I first drink a pint of water with lemon and then see how I feel. If I still want it in 10 minutes, I'll try to give myself a little. But if it's a bad treat, and I'm dying for it, I say to myself, if you really want it, you have to cook it. Like cookies for example. I don't allow myself to buy cookies. If I just have to have to have to have chocolate chip cookies, I have to bake them from scratch (no forzen dough or pre-mixes). Somehow the work of baking lessens my cravings (like cooking) and I usually end up eating only one (ok, sometimes two). So that's sort of like your game.

Hot just out of the oven baked melty chocolate chip cookies (with ice cold milk)... mmmmmmm. Oh well, I don't feel like baking right now.:wink:
    Wow! That's a really good idea! I might try that from now on! :happy:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    I have to keep it non-food related too. I used to watch hours of the food network, loved it I've really had to wean myself off that because I found it just always made me hungry.
    I'm addicted to the food network too and I will watch it while I'm working out on the treadmill. I have laughed at the irony of it. It makes me hungry too so I know I should stop watching it.:laugh:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Computer games don't work for me, but cooking does! I like the idea of having to cook/bake your snacks from scratch - probably most of the time I wouldn't want to bother :wink:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    I didn't know there were food or cooking games.
    :huh:
    Where do you find them?
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642

Same for me, I don't tape all the shows I used to.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    I'm addicted to the food network too and I will watch it while I'm working out on the treadmill. I have laughed at the irony of it. It makes me hungry too so I know I should stop watching it.:laugh:
    :laugh: The funny thing is that they play it at my gym. I love watching it while I'm running because I never get hungry but, if I watch it at home, I get cravings like none other. So I've tried to stop watching everything except Top Chef and I only watch it during dinner because then I'm already eating. :laugh:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    I didn't know there were food or cooking games.
    :huh:
    Where do you find them?

I found some free ones on Yahoo Games.
This discussion has been closed.