losing 2-3kgs a week

Options
I would like to increase my lose to 2-3kgs per week, what would you recommend??

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a rethink, but you should say something about your height / weight / etc to give people a clue.
  • defectus
    defectus Posts: 8
    Options
    Don't drink anything for a week.
    Or if you really need to drink work in a mine for that week :-)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

That's an unrealistically high goal. 2kg (4.4lbs) would require a deficit of 15,400 cal per week or 2,200 cal per day.

According to your food diary your net consumption goal is around 1500 cal per day, short of starving yourself and exercising a couple of hours per day we're talking about a mathematical impossibility (fat loss, you may be able to lose 2kg of water weight).

It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Sorry not possible especially since you're quite close to goal weight. I'm still 35kg off goal and that would be an unrealistic goal for me.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately that is not a safe goal at all. Unless you cut off a limb or didn't eat or drink anything for a week I doubt it can be done.

Why do you want such a high, unrealistic goal?
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I see others getting results like this and it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong...! My weight loss is very gradual, I am losing between .5kg - 1kg a week.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    They're doing it wrong, not you.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I see others getting results like this and it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong...! My weight loss is very gradual, I am losing between .5kg - 1kg a week.

They are probably just starting out or have more weight to lose than you do.
    A loss of 0.5 - 1 kg (about 1 -2 pounds) is pretty huge, especially if you are close to your goal weight.
    Stop comparing yourself to other people, that just makes you miserable! Concentrate on learning good habits that you will be able to keep up for the long term, and congratulate yourself on doing so well.