Difficulty having close female friendships.

Options
13»

Replies

• thatawesomechick82
    thatawesomechick82 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have guy friends because women are sheisty and I enjoy a drama-free life.... also I can only handle so much ***** at once, and frankly I only have room for one... me.
  • jaimica31
    jaimica31 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have no true friends at all...
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same here...I do have a large family and hangout with my cousins and aunts all the time. Sometimes seeing how close they are with some of their friends do make me want the same kind of relationship with ladies outside of my family. Other times, after hearing the stories they tell me filled with drama and nonsense it make me happy I'm the way I am. I actually like being by myself but sometimes I want to go shopping or to happy hour and just be girly.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a BFF since college (which was quite a long time ago).

Friendships change, people grow...anyway, I get along better with guys than I do with girls.

At my last job, I did try to make friends, but they all back stabbed me, and I just don't want to deal with that. (I know guys can be flaky too, but women take it to a whole new level, they take it to a personal and emotional level).

I do wish for a good female friend, or even a gay best friend, just SOMEone else to talk to. I was an only child growing up, there weren't a lot of kids in my neighborhood, and my parent basically banned me from having friends.

Now I feel weird trying to be friends with other women, they will say "My best friend this" and "My best friend that" so I feel like 'ok, so you don't have room in your life for another friend' I always feel so awkward.

You are not alone! (I refuse to say 'It gets better' because no, it doesn't)