how do I lose 2.5 lbs a week?

Jennplus2
Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So I have one mth till my brother's wedding and my goal is to be 140 by then. I was slowing down on my weight loss and now I am getting back on track but I still have 10 lbs to lose and only 4 weeks to get there. So I feel I have some catch up to do. I don't want to do anything unhealthy, but I want to be as close to my goal as I can (because I am taking that day off and I will be eating a slice of wedding cake :devil: )
Any advise will be a great help. I see lots of people on here who lost have up to 3 lbs in one week and want to know what they do to get 2-3 lbs off between weigh in's. Again, only healthy tips please. I am changing my life style so I plan to lose about 15 lbs after the wedding, just trying to meet my mini goal of 140 for this big event.

:drinker: Thanks in advance!

228826.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    You could eliminate carbohydrates from your diet and follow something like Atkin's/South Beach, which would result in a large drop in scale weight due to the loss of water and stored sugar (glycogen). But that doesn't translate to a large fat loss. The weight would return once you reincorporated carbohydrates.
  • So I have one mth till my brother's wedding and my goal is to be 140 by then. I was slowing down on my weight loss and now I am getting back on track but I still have 10 lbs to lose and only 4 weeks to get there. So I feel I have some catch up to do. I don't want to do anything unhealthy, but I want to be as close to my goal as I can (because I am taking that day off and I will be eating a slice of wedding cake :devil: )
    Any advise will be a great help. I see lots of people on here who lost have up to 3 lbs in one week and want to know what they do to get 2-3 lbs off between weigh in's. Again, only healthy tips please. I am changing my life style so I plan to lose about 15 lbs after the wedding, just trying to meet my mini goal of 140 for this big event.

:drinker: Thanks in advance!

Personally, I have MFP set to 2 lbs per week. But there have been weeks I have lost more than 2 lbs & some where I've lost less than 2 lbs. All in all, in 9 weeks I have lost 28lbs which works out to an average of 3lbs per week, but I do have a lot of weight to lose, which from what I've read the more you have to lose, the easier it is to lose. Also, most of the weight came off in the first month after making a major change in diet & exercise. My suggestion, given your current weight is to focus on exercising as much as you can w/out pushing your body too hard & trying to eat as much natural, non-processed food as possible. Focus more on how you look & feel than on the #. I have also found that on weeks when I don't lose much lb wise I do see a change in measurements.

Good Luck!
  • Best advice I can give you is set your calorie goal to lose 1.5 pounds per week, and eat all your calories including exercise calories, but don't go over. Eat balanced (inc complex carb and protein) mini-meals all through the day... like 6 times a day. Consume NO aspartame and try to eat all whole foods. This makes me lose weight quicker than cutting calories any lower or eating "diet food". Good luck. Oh and EXERCISE!!! And watch your sodium.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Consume NO aspartame and try to eat all whole foods. This makes me lose weight quicker than cutting calories any lower or eating "diet food". Good luck. Oh and EXERCISE!!! And watch your sodium.

Ok, sorry but what is aspartame? And how much sodium should I eat in a day?
    I do work out 30 min 5 days a week and walk for an hour 6 days a week. This week I have walk two hours two times and going to try for a two hour walk today.

I think my biggest issue is the weekend eating. I blame my kids and their dad :laugh: I didn't eat pizza last night tho!!! :happy:

228826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    aspartane= artificial sugars
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Consume NO aspartame and try to eat all whole foods. This makes me lose weight quicker than cutting calories any lower or eating "diet food". Good luck. Oh and EXERCISE!!! And watch your sodium.

Ok, sorry but what is aspartame? And how much sodium should I eat in a day?
    I do work out 30 min 5 days a week and walk for an hour 6 days a week. This week I have walk two hours two times and going to try for a two hour walk today.

I think my biggest issue is the weekend eating. I blame my kids and their dad :laugh: I didn't eat pizza last night tho!!! :happy:

I have heard that artificial sugars just like "low fat" foods actually make you end up eating or drinking even more so you really don't get the benefit of low or no calories from them.

And for sodium the USDA 2005 Dietary Guidelines recommend eating no more than 2,300mg of sodium per day.

HTH,
    Demetria
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    South Beach is a great way to drop weigh quickly. Be careful re introducing carbs as I don't think it teaches you to eat in a sustainable way.
  • I think my biggest issue is the weekend eating. I blame my kids and their dad :laugh: I didn't eat pizza last night tho!!! :happy:

Have you ever considered making minor changes to the family's diet? Substituting lean ground turkey for ground beef? Switching from regular condiments to low fat or low sugar? Switching from regular cheese to low fat cheese? Introducing more fresh veggies? Making your own pizza at home w/fresh veggies or deli meats instead of ordering out? Reducing high calorie additives like butter?

Personally, I've found that I like these as much if not more than the regular versions :)

I've spent a few weekends home helping my parents renovate their house & have cooked for them my way. Not only did no one, including my brother who eats like a horse b/c he leads a very labor intensive lifestyle, dislike the food, they said it tasted great-brother just wanted more terriyaki sauce b/c he loves salty food.

These things might ease your temptation to eat poorly :)
This discussion has been closed.