I Just Have to Brag a Bit

Options
Today is my Two (count them 1,2) Year Anniversary of no smoking!!!! Yeah me!!! I have no idea of how much money I've saved but as of 10:00 a.m. this morning I have avoided 14,620 cigarettes and have not missed even one of them. Again, Yeah Me!!!

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Thats great :flowerforyou: what was your secret?:grumble: I quit for 3weeks then I relapsed
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know it was hard to quit but you did one of the best things you can do for yourself, your family, anyone who loves you! Good job! Def something to be proud of!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

And happy anniversary. :happy:
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! 2 years and 8 months for me and I still have cravings from time to time, but then get a whiff of smoke as I'm walking into a store and there are people smoking outside and I'm like, "BARF!!!!!!!!!!"

It's not an easy thing to do! Proof positive that we can do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    From one ex-smoker to another, congratulations!!! I can't wait until I can say it has been 2 years.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    so far ive gone without for all of 12 hours :tongue:
    I wanna quit sooner or later but for now im down from a pack a day to 3-5 a day...unless im on a vacation or at a fair where im with other smokers/can smoke indoors.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    alright!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mdgoodwin0415
    Options
    CONGRATS! WAY TO GO!
  • proctor0828
    Options
    Good for you!!! It's not hard to put it down I know!!! I put it down twice before and picked them back up... So far I'm at a year and 3 mos. Hopefully I can just say no for the rest of my life.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!! :wink:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!I am 7 and 1/2 months smoke free, after 28yrs. I just went through my first vacation without cigs. it was hard at times, but I did it. I think you just know when it is enough and you quit for good. I can't wait until I can say 2 yrs like your doing. COngratulations..... YOUR A NON SMOKER!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Congratulationssss, that's SO awesome!!! :drinker:
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    :bigsmile: WAY TO GO!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

what a great thing to do for you!!

I am now 7 1/2 years as a non-smoker - I had smoked for ~ 30 years - gives you an idea of how old I am. Got great advice from my doc. - the nicotine guys that live in your head - never go away - they just go to sleep and if you are around smokers enough they wake up and lie to you - they will tell you it's OK to have just one - BUT DON"T! it isn't OK - I think I quit about 7 times before it took - so anyone who goes back to it - don't beat yourself up - just quit again - it will take at some point! and you can always remember that cigs have cyanide and arsenic in them - YIPE!!

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!