New 'bedtime binger' member!

Hello!

I'm Aimee, I've just joined the site as I have about 50lbs I'd like to lose, and a friend recommended using this to help!

I absolutely love the gym (so why do I never go?) and hate chocolate (so dieting should be a doddle, right? NOPE!). I think my problems are silly portion sizes, and I binge on bread, crisps and ice lollies all evening in front of the telly :(

Any tips to remedy these two would be great?
Looking forward to being a part of this, anyway (:

Replies

• Hadassk
    Hadassk Posts: 63
    Hi Aimee...welcome!! Start tracking your food...this helps me be accountable for everything that goes in my mouth. I don't eat perfectly but with time, I'm sure I will. As for the gym...one foot in front of the other, and just go. Or turn the music up and dance around your house. My motto - something is always better than nothing.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Feel free to add me. I also love the gym, but gain weight because of my binging.
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    TRY FLAVORED ALMONDS OR PRETZELS/CHEX MIX AS A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE. HOW ABOUT GETTING UP EARLY TO DO SOME SORT OF EXERCISE SO YOU CAN GET TO BED SOONER AND ELIMINATE THE "BEDTIME BINGING"
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I gave up TV altogether... don't miss it and don't eat in the evenings much anymore... just some wine and a snack while hanging with my husband. Also, I find I'm prone to mindless eating when I'm tired... what I should do is just go to bed instead. Could that be it for you at all?
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Welcome. Going to sound crazy but binge on Breakfast or Lunch. You can burn off the calories during the day. I lost a ton of weight switching from 8pm+ to 10am-1pm on a big meal.
  • Learn2BFit
    Learn2BFit Posts: 14 Member
    Welcome! I also really enjoy working out, but have trouble saying NO to snacking too much. I've just recently decided to try to find friends to help me stay strong at night, when I'm most likely to binge. Feel free to add me, we can post each other a check-in at night to help stay motivated! I tried this last night for the first time, and it really helped...it was like I didn't want to let people down after they posted me, and I stayed away from the fridge by walking to the computer instead!
  • Thanks (:

(Forgive me while I'm not replying consistently - I'm still getting used to notifications and checking my posts on here! Lol).

I'm getting up at 7.30 every morning, but toss and turn til 12/1ish, so I don't think I'm tired. I may adopt reading or knitting (keep my hands busy so I can't eat with them?). Yeah, I'll definitely try eating more earlier in the day :)

I'm off to the gym this morning (my friend is a class instructor so hopefully she'll motivate/bully me into going more often lol).

Thanks for all the advice :)
    Lovely to know the community on here is friendly :)
  • shinyshughes
    shinyshughes Posts: 5 Member
    Exercise should wear you out and make you sleep better. TV is a binge catalyst for me too so I try to avoid it - if I feel myself reaching for junk, I switch off and do something else for a while until the thought has passed. Good luck!