Class Reunion Anxiety

Options
coe28
coe28 Posts: 715 Member
Sooooo.....next month is my 10 year class reunion and I have 2 weeks to RSVP. I am having horrible anxiety about this. It's not about my weight or appearance, I'm actually more attractive than I was in high school. It's about the fact that I'm SINGLE!!!! I've been married, have a child, and am now divorced. I honestly can't find a single classmate on the RSVP list that is either still single or divorced. I'm seriously considering not attending because I DO NOT want to go alone. Anyone else go through this?

Replies

• ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi,

That is a difficult situation to be in. But, then again it all depends upon YOU!!
    I do hope that you are able to conquer your fears and anxiety and go to your class reunion.

Many years ago, my class reunion came up. I did not go for the same reasons you are contemplating if you should go.
    I, decided not to go. To this day I regret it. I wish I had found the courage to walk into that room with my head held high.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Just because you are not married...and may not have a boyfriend... what makes you feel like you HAVE to go alone? Take a friend and have FUN!! And when asked what is going on in your life you say "Been there, done that, now I am LIVING...how bout you?":bigsmile:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just because you are not married...and may not have a boyfriend... what makes you feel like you HAVE to go alone? Take a friend and have FUN!! And when asked what is going on in your life you say "Been there, done that, now I am LIVING...how bout you?":bigsmile:

^ Gosh, I love this!! I know I am not the OP, but I wanted to let you know that I love that line!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options

^ Gosh, I love this!! I know I am not the OP, but I wanted to let you know that I love that line!!

• coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is good advice. I guess my anxiety stems from the fact that our graduating class was pretty small and pretty judgemental of each other. But I guess that I don't have to look at being single as a negative thing, even if they do :smile: