YWCA Triathalon - August 14 - Minneapolis MN

Options
My first post ever:
I am 57 years old and have been wanting to try the YWCA Tri for three years after watching two friends do it. I wasn't able to make it happen for various reasons. This year I actually signed up - instead of thinking about signing up. I can bike the 15 miles pretty easily, am on W6D3 of C25K, and have signed up for swimstroke help at the YMCA. I've been doing MFP for about 5 weeks. Haven't lost much weight but feel oh so much better! My goal is to just participate and finish the thing! I don't have any fancy equipment and don't plan on getting any - except for the right swimwear.

So, I am training by myself and am wondering if there are any other beginning, older (50+) 1st timers in the Twin Cities Metro area who would like to keep in touch on this forum.

Plus, anyone can send me encouragement and wish me luck ;)

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I did my first two years ago and now I'm totally hooked.

Be sure to some rides followed by runs in your training. It's hard to describe the transition from riding to running, but when you first try to run your legs pretty much feel like dead weight, very heavy dead weight. Even if you just run for 10 minutes following your ride, it will help to train your legs for that transition.

Congratulations on taking such a big step and best of luck in your training and your event!