Hi to all, new to fitnesspal

Options
Hi all,

I'm new to fitnesspal and hoping that it will help me achieve my goals within a reasonable time. I am trying to loose 20lb in 20 weeks. I am trying to fit back into my old clothes, prior to having my 2 children within 16months of each other. The youngest is now 2 years.
I generally make healthy choices in my eating apart from odd days when I feel like eating a few sweets. I also try to exercise as well, at least 3 by 45mins a week.

I have tried a few methods in my attempt to go get out of the 180lb zone without much luck. I always seem to pile it back on after a while. The most recent programme I'm trying seem to be helping but quite slower than I would like. I am hoping that fitnesspal will give me a little more than what the others have, so wish me luck and good luck to everyone as well.

Replies

• sonomawinesnob1
    Options
    Chasing those kids around should be considered a form of exercise, no? Good luck on those 20 pounds. It's definitely do-able.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The best way to lose weight is slow and steady. It seems your current plan is working just see what happens. It takes your body a while to adjust sometimes.
  • Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Here are some tips that have helped me so far (I've lost 11 pounds in a month!)

-Drink green tea (it helps your cholesterol, gives you energy, antioxident, and boosts metabolism)
    -Walk when you can. I have a desk job, and I get up and walk every two hours. I also walk on my lunch break, and choose far parking spots
    -Log in EVERYTHING you eat! Its easy to forget to add in a glass of wine, or a couple bites of a dessert, but it really adds up.
    -Workout at least 4 days a week! On those days that you arent doing any physical activity, you cant eat as much.
    -When you cant workout, clean or go for a walk.
    -Only do workouts that you like! For a while I was doing fitness pilates, but it hurt my hips so I couldn't do it any more. Since then, I have switched to kickboxing and i love it!
    -Your workouts should be the highlight of your day! I look forward to being able to go to my kickboxing classes 3 days a week!
    -Two words- Weight training. People think that you will become bulky when it really just tones your body if you do it right!
    -Love your body, and be thankful that you have the ability to move and get exercise (many people can't!)
    -Drink lots of water! It flushes out fat and toxins in your body, and also helops with cellulite!
    -Eat every 3-4 hours. Don't let your body go into starvation mode, that means your metabolism slows
    -Treat yourself to one cheat "meal" a week. This helps with cravings!
    -Be proud of yourself! Even if you only lose a few pounds, dont be discouraged! You are stronger and healthier than all of those people sitting on the couch!
    -Remember quality over quantity!

I hope this helps!