Heavy Hoops

Options
does anyone know where i can purchase a heavy hoop??

(heavy hoops are weighted hula hoops)

Replies

• theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    does anyone know where i can purchase a heavy hoop??

(heavy hoops are weighted hula hoops)
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    sports-hoop.com sells the ACU- Hoop. I got mine on craigslist for free!!! She was giving it away and I snached it. You can also google weighted hoop ans there are lots of sites that will make you a custom one for fairly cheap. Like 25-45 bucks depending on the weight.

Ps if your looking for a store that sells them I had a hard time finding one. I think sports authority carries one form of them.

I love my hoop and it works awesome!
    Good luck
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    thank you so much!

did you get a hula with ridges on the inside? because they say that its easier for beginners - but it looks painful!
  • RowanC
    RowanC Posts: 38
    Options
    Do you use it just like a hula hoop?
    Sounds like fun!
  • mydogmesa2
    Options
    You use it just like a hula hoop. It REALLY works your abs and obliques. I started with a 2 lb. hoop and worked up to a 5 lb one. But beware the first day you will probably bruse and be sore but after the first three days or so you get it down pat! Yes, mine is the multi colored one with ridges. They are supposed to "massage" your mid-section as you use it. I recommendthe ACU- HOOP brand. Alot of the others dont have the foam and ridges and are just made from PVC.*** OUCH!***

Good luck.:smile:
  • mydogmesa2
    Options
    Any luck?