weighing in

Options
How often should we do that?

Replies

• jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, same day, first thing in the morning in my birthday suit. ;-)

My weight fluctuates too much throughout the week and day to so it more often. This also gives me the opportunity to look forward to weighing in after a week of hard work. Or it gives me the opportunity to work hard before weighing in after a bad day or two.
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    I weigh once a week right after I get up.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, same day, first thing in the morning in my birthday suit. ;-)

My weight fluctuates too much throughout the week and day to so it more often. This also gives me the opportunity to look forward to weighing in after a week of hard work. Or it gives me the opportunity to work hard before weighing in after a bad day or two.

^^^ This!

It is said that people tend to weigh more at night due to eating and water and etc etc.
    Sometimes though you can bloat up in the night and be swollen in the morning (happens to me).

I do it in the morning anyway, though, on Fridays.. sometimes if I do really good on the weekend I want to weight myself on Monday, I don't see any reason not to. But any more than twice a week can seem obsessive in my personal opinion.
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. My weight also fluctuates and I hate seeing the crazy numbers that make no sense. I only log progress once a month. Works good for me! :smile:
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Ditto, Sunday mornings. I use that as the official weight that I track with.
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Personal preference I guess. I lose track when I don't pay attention (in everything - not just fitness!) - so I weigh in every day. My weight doesn't fluctuate much from day to day - but I like the scale to read the same or less every day. It keeps me mindful. I also look in every mirror these days - I'm not vain, it's just that avoiding them for years enabled me to overlook all the weight gain and I don't ever intend for that to happen again!

11894292.png
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and change my status once every three weeks. No reason why. I just do. I don't think there is any wrong or right way to do it. Some people weigh in everyday. I can't deal with the fluctuations so it can set the tone for my mood for the rest of the day. Some people use the daily weigh ins for accountability. Whatever works for you.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Depends - some people weigh periodically, others daily (like me). I'm fascinated at how my weight fluctuates from day to day, and don't let it bother me when I gain a pound (or two!) for whatever reason (new workout, not enough water, time of the month, eating junk).

Some say get rid of your scale altogether and go with tracking your measurements and how your clothes fit. I do both. Weighing daily is just a habit for me - wake up, stop in the loo, use it, and then hop on the scale. Part of the reason I weigh daily is because of those fluctuations, and if I drop a pound or so, I don't want to miss it! :laugh:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    my kids keep killing my home scales :(

I weigh in just about every time I go to the Y ( 3-4 times a week). I go up to the fitness area, use my inhaler ( asthmatic, RT told me to pre-medicate), then go step on the scale. I wear similar weight clothing every day, and recently started taking pictures in the same outfit every Friday. Does it bother me a little if I gain? yes. Does it put a smile on my face if it is down? yes. I don't care if it is down just a few ounces, that motivates me to work hard and burn calories so I can come back in a day or so and see it even lower! Sometimes the scale surprises me--I showed a 1lb loss this past Monday despite TOM--I would have never expected that.
  • elise9832
    elise9832 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh in daily to prove that I'm not gaining (and hopefully I'm losing!), but I am starting to officially log my weight only every Friday morning due to normal fluctuations that could occur throughout the week.