how to stay on target

Options
I had a really busy day today so I didn't exercise this morning, but mon thru thursday so far for 35 mins, then on top of that I had a really bad fight with my husband and I just want to eat ...or something , I ate hamburger helper knowing it has too many calories, my focus is off...what can I do?

Replies

• kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    try to remember WHY you came here in the first place....we all have bumps in the road along the way....this is a test to see how you handle stress/anger/ temptations/etc . if you have to have something, do so in moderation. get your serving and leave the kitchen! keep on keepin!:bigsmile:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Remember that you are shooting for a healthy lifestyle and that some days its almost impossible to stay on track 100% You had a small slip up so for the rest of the evening try and be on track and do not forget to remember that tommorro is a new day with a fre:flowerforyou: sh start
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    I just ate some food and too much of it that I shouldn't have and I jumped on here to get my self straight again and I saw your post. Now as I am sitting here I am feeling so very guilty for eating what I should not have eaten. I know that you must be feeling the same guilt as well, but we can not feel bad that will only cause us to want to eat more. Together we stop feeling guilty we realize we choose poorly and we move on. Lets move on quick to get right back on track.

I have only been doing this for a few days now and so I feel like I should have been able to not slip at the beginning but I did and I know that to reach my goals I can not do this anymore.

Lets think what it will feel like to be the weight we want to be and how good that will fell and pick up and move on.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Those darn husbands...when mine pisses me off I wanna eat a bunch too! :grumble: I'm getting better at not succombing to temptation but its all about discipline. Don't let someone else knock you down when your doing so good! Use your anger and work out!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When my spouse pissed me off I would cook HIM a high fat meal. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • biochemnrd
    Options
    If you become upset DO NOT eat. Just go for a short walk to calm your nerves. Trust me some nice fresh air helps a lot when you're not feeling well. I usually take my dog for a walk when I need to get out of the house.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    When my spouse pissed me off I would cook HIM a high fat meal. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd do that, but my husband would view it as a treat! :grumble:
  • lwilliams1007
    Options
    You girls are awesome...Thanks