Options
2»

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    i have one on tuesday and am nervous more about the interview than the job

i know i will be a star in the position

the interview i am worried about because i quit my last job and i want to make sure that it doesn't somehow come up

If it does come up, do you have a positive way of putting the split so it sounds good?

I will probably be just fine in the position. I just get nervous and anxious about changes in my life I think.

other than saying it wasn't a good fit...i dunno.

I change jobs a lot. You can always say the "it wasn't a good fit" bit, but they are going to want to know why. Then, you can say that you are looking to inprove you skill set, in whatever it is that you do. The focus is not why you left the last one, but why you want this one. You need to remember what the job posting said that they wanted. Just ask youself how you meet those qualifications and you'll be fine!

the thing is, the job that i left was the same type of management position. and i don't have a good reference for it. i did a great job, but i left because i couldn't deal with my employer anymore, it was micromanagement up the *kitten*.

Unless they ask you then don't mention it! If there is a gap between that job and now, then any good recruiter will spot it and ask why. At this stage all you can do is be honest and say that the job wasn't what you expected, you didn't feel you were making the best use of your skills and that you decided you had more to offer so are looking for another job where you can give 100%. If you don't get the next job then think about volunteering - you can use this as an explanation in the next interview for wanting to broaden your scope and try out a different type of organisation. You can then say that you loved the volunteering work and that is why you want to work at the firm you are being interviewed at. (It's a bit B.S. but then recruitment often is!)
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the helpful tips :)