Hard packed or soft serve ice cream (frozen yogurt)?

2»

Replies

• Hard
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Ice cream is, without a doubt, my biggest weakness/enemy in this fight against my fat *kitten*.

I love it all, but there are two that are my favorites. Soft serve chocolate custard from Rita's (with chocolate sprinkles) and hard packed chocolate marshmallow ice cream (Turkey Hill brand, preferrably).

:-( I've been known to eat an entire container of the chocolate marshmallow, so I no longer keep it in the house. Now, if I'm craving it I will go and get a small or child's size cone and enjoy it.
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    We have a Country Dairy about 20 miles away.. It's a farm and they make their own hard packed ice cream.. Nothing compares to it... We only go once in a while, and my second favorite is TCBY :)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Love both!
    Arctic Zero is my thing right now though! Love LOVE LOVE the chocolate flavor!! And only 150 calories for the pint.

I tried the Arctic Zero and personally didn't like it.....Would rather eat less real ice cream.

I agree...I didn't like it at all...to the point that I threw it away...
  • I love all ice cream...at home I like it to be hard scoop. I feel like I don't eat it as fast then.

Your stats and photos are amazing! Congrats to you on your weight loss journey, thus far. :happy:
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Hoodsie cup lover here!!! Perfect amount for only 100 cals. Love me some fro yo too...Yum!!!
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    LOOOOOVE Sweet Frog. I'm there once a week. Angel Food Cake or Vanilla Fro-Yo with tons of berries and whipped cream!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    I like ice cream. But.......Haagen Dazs makes the absolute, by-far-the-best, Coffee flavored frozen yogurt in the whole world! Other flavors include vanilla, wild berry, and vanilla raspberry swirl. I tried the vanilla raspberry swirl too.. yumyum. You can find them right next to the regular HD ice creams. It's rich, creamy, and delicious! Ya gotta try 'em!!:heart::love::heart:
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    I was recently turned on to soft serve frozen yogurt at Tutti Frutti. LOVE IT!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    My sister loves the soft serve and I was able to buy her a soft serve maker at a cooking store. So, you can have it at home too :flowerforyou:
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Big Kahuna's has the best frozen yogurt!!! Very healthy too, at least until I add the strawberries, mini reeses pieces, fudge, walnuts, whip cream and cherry on top. Damn...headed to Big Kahuna's after work now. THANKS A LOT...LOL
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Hard scoop ice cream is my favorite, but l love soft serve frozen custard, too. Given the choice, I'd go with the ice cream, though. I love vanilla and unique flavors, but don't like pieces of anything in it. Teaberry ice cream is unbelievably good! And I'd much rather have good old fashioned ice cream made with milk, cream, sugar, and flavorings, with none of the gums, corn syrup or chemicals to make it creamier.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Any hard ice cream or frozen yoghurt can be soft scoop after 15 to 30 seconds in the microwave!
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    I loooove plain frozen yogurt. I like the tangyness. :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Soft serve is way better than normal ice cream...