Yay me!

Options
SDawgW
SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
I wasn't sure which category to post this under, so I chose the Success Stories because, well.....for me....this is a HUGE success.

I walked past the small (albeit, still there) stash of chocolate in the pantry and actually stopped myself mid-reach. I almost grabbed one, but stopped myself.

As I sit here, still feeling empty even after eating a healthy meal, I am shocked that I didn't cave.

There's my small victory for the day! :smile:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Big UPz to you ma:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: now I gotta stay away from them pecan rolls they are the devil:bigsmile: ..But I burnt them off :drinker:
  • SDawgW
    Options
    If you break one dish, you don't throw out the entire set, right? So slipping up one day isn't going to ruin the game :smile:

I'm beyond proud of you for working it off after the fact - so many of us would just say "frig it" and let the pecan rolls sit in our guts while we wallow in self pity. But you got up and did something about it. Bravo!

Actually, sharing your story earlier today is a big reason why I stopped reaching for the candy....I know too well what it's like to eat something and have to work it off after. I usually feel really guilty and get down on myself.

So thanks for sharing your story earlier!!

Btw, tomorrow is a new day - start strong and stay strong! I WILL fight every temptation....I WILL win!

:bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    You are so right....And tommorrow is a brandnew day most definately when I reached for somehtin I will picture your words in my head because you stayed on me the most:drinker: :drinker: you are beautiful inside and out May God Bless you and see you through as well:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yay you!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I have been battling a horrible headache for the last couple of days. I think it's caffeine withdrawal. So that piece of chocolate might have made my head feel a bit better.....but then tomorrow it would end up hurting again (plus I'd be REALLY disappointed in myself!)
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    nice work!

I resisted going by Dairy Queen for a Blizzard on the way home from the pool today. it would have been so easy and I resisted. :smile:

YAY!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    nice work!

I resisted going by Dairy Queen for a Blizzard on the way home from the pool today. it would have been so easy and I resisted. :smile:

YAY!

DQ!?!??! Wow! Resisting a blizzard in August is a HUGE victory!!! Way to go!!!!!! :happy:
  • jax5103
    jax5103 Posts: 19
    Options
    Excellent!!!:bigsmile:

This is what I use to cure my chocolate craving: I got Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate... The chocolate flavor is pretty good and its only 25 calories!!! Try it, if you love chocolate like I do, then you'll probably like it too!! Keep it up!!:tongue:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!! Good job. It's those decisions that we make, one by one, that move us another step closer to our goal. Each time you STOP and say "NO, I'm not making a poor decision this time!" you are building your strength and your self control. You are working out/exercising your self control...and it WILL get stronger and stronger. It will "look great" and so will your body.

GOOD JOB!! :happy:

-BetterSusan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!! Good job. It's those decisions that we make, one by one, that move us another step closer to our goal. Each time you STOP and say "NO, I'm not making a poor decision this time!" you are building your strength and your self control. You are working out/exercising your self control...and it WILL get stronger and stronger. It will "look great" and so will your body.

GOOD JOB!! :happy:

-BetterSusan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!