Run Forrest, run!

Options
I think I may be turning into Forrest Gump. Being an academic overseas, I have plenty of free time. I plan my daily activities (shopping, Starbucks, etc) to optimise my walking. I rarely take the subway anymore, preferring to walk for an hour each way, if necessary.

The only trouble is, I've found it addictive. I know I should have alternate 'days-off', however, when I stroll down to the local shop, I can't stop myself. I end up miles away from my intended destination. I know every store and backstreet in my part of Beijing.

I'm averaging a couple of hours walking a day (sometimes 3 hours or more). My life has become a treadmill.

:laugh:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    :drinker: good for you!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That's good for you. But on the other hand, if you need to get your cardio up to burn fat, it will take more effort to do so than just walking. :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    One of my playlist's is called "run forrest run!" lol Thats great for you, keep it up!

~Leash :heart:
  • jax5103
    jax5103 Posts: 19
    Options
    That's a great habit to be in!!!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Big UPz 2 u ma:flowerforyou:
  • kaliena22
    Options
    2-3 hours WOW that is just fantastic!!! Walking is such a great way to get in shape.

Many moons ago I was a young professional on my own in the big city of Chicago. During the spring and summer months I walked all over that city, it was just such fun to go on adventures, see beautiful architecture, wander museums and of course window-shop. (Hey, I was just starting out)

Each evening I would begin my walk o the L train/subway and like you find myself miles away sort of headed in the direction of my home. I became very fit because after a few months, the pounds just melted off me and my stamina was through the roof. <Ahhh I miss those days>. Unfortunately, for me autumn then winter would set in and, being a southern girl, I would hibernate for the next 6 months.

So, YOU keep up the great work! And enjoy your explorations, you are in a very lucky situation so kudos for you for taking full advantage!
  • terence
    terence Posts: 119
    Options
    Yes, you capture the mood and feeling even better than I did. Best of luck. Terence
  • terence
    terence Posts: 119
    Options
    But, oh, my poor blistered feet! :happy: