What do you like to have for breakfast?

Options
Breakfast is what I struggle with the most because I am one of those people who wait until the very last minute to get up then I'm rushing around trying to get ready, etc....So lately my breakfast has been a cliff bar with a piece of fruit and I just noticed how many calories that was, and all I could say was OMG! So I need to come up with a better solution of what to have for breakfast that is quick, easy, and will keep me right around 400 calories.

So suggestions please?

Replies

• tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    How about a high fiber cereal, eggs (you can hard boil them and have them in the fridge), greek yogurt and fruit, even a whole grain english muffin with peanut or another nut butter. If you are going to go the "bar" route, try one that is low in sugar. I like the Pure Protein brand.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats and a protein shake!!
  • emshair
    emshair Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Every morning for quite a while now, I have 2 boiled eggs and 1 slice of toast, with a fresh brewed cup of coffee!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    anything protein, and with in 30 mins of getting up
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    vg5zro.jpg
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    my breakfast
    ) slim fast shake
    2) Quaker strawberry oatmeal
    3) Publix fruit and yogurt parfaits
    5) 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon and 3/4/ cup of shredded cheese
    6) natural jiff peanut butter and jelly on toasted wheat bread
    7) Jimmy Deann has frozen breakfast sandwiches(my favorite is egg whites,turkey cheese on a wheat muffin)

ALL THESE ARE UNDER 400
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I'm busy, I make PB&J and take it with me (but good whole wheat bread, natural PB and pure fruit spread). I make it the night before, too.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!!!! I promise to eat fruit, whole fruit, and nothing but fruit, so help me god. Haha, seriously, fruit is the best breakfast. It has a high water content, and a high fiber content, so it will fill you up, and the carbohydrates give you energy to do your day. I'm in a better mood on fruit for breakfast days.

And, fruit is SO easy to take on the run! If you are in a hurry, and you want a 400 calorie breakfast, just grab about 4 bananas. Cheap, easy, and easy to clean up after. No requirement to make dishes dirty.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I usually have either scrambled eggs and toast or hard boiled eggs and toast.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1 cup of low fat cottage cheese 180 cals
    1/3 cup of craisins stirred in 130 cals

only 310 and it is my favorite easy breakfast. I eat it in the car on the way to work. Chock full of slow-digesting protein. :bigsmile:
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    And, fruit is SO easy to take on the run! If you are in a hurry, and you want a 400 calorie breakfast, just grab about 4 bananas. Cheap, easy, and easy to clean up after. No requirement to make dishes dirty.

Easy to clean up on the preparation end, but maybe not the other end :tongue: lol.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just going to do a couple hard boiled eggs with some fruit in the morning, or a protein shake. Keep it simple and low in carbs I think....haha
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    A banana n either a dannon okios fat free yogurt or kashi go lean crunch. Just recently started MAKING myself eat breakfast -never used to!
  • kathiez1971
    kathiez1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A quick summer breakfast I love is to put one half banana sliced, strawberries, some blueberries (frozen are yummy) and top it off with about one fourth cup of plain yogurt. If you need a little sweetening --a spoonful of raw sugar or brown sugar. This is quite filling. If you need more carbs...add a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter. :happy:
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    vg5zro.jpg
    OMG love it and don't forget the cig
  • momma924
    momma924 Posts: 26
    Options
    I usually have:

egg whites, slice of toast, orange

multi gran cheerios, fruit

oatmeal, fruit

and always with a cup of coffee! :P
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal...cooks for 85 secs in microblaster
    Add cinnamon, vanilla, protein powder, almomd milk and dried blueberries = quick and yum!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If I didnt have the time to make myself breakfast, I would probably go with a protein shake. I pretty much have the same breakfast every morning, egg whites, ham, feta cheese and tomatillo salsa
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you have time, you should try these pancakes:

1 mashed banana
    1/3 cup oats
    1 small egg
    A little bit of wholemeal flour to get the right texture
    Some cinnamon

Mix and cook like regular pancakes - circa 400 calories (maybe a teeny bit more depending what you put on top of em).

Or if you've got time and prefer something savoury:

2 poached eggs
    1-2 pieces of wholegrain toast (depending on the calories in your brand of choice)

To poach the eggs: boil some water with a pinch of salt (and about a teaspoon or so of white vinegar if you have it) in a saucepan. Add the eggs and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from saucepan with a slotted spoon.

If you're short on time, just regular oatmeal is pretty easy:

1/3 cup oats
    2/3 of either water or milk (or half and half)
    Pinch salt
    Maybe some Cinnamon

Cook for a couple of minutes on a medium setting if you've got a powerful microwave. Stir. Then an extra 40 secs - 1 minute in the microwave. Top with brown sugar (and banana if you're extra hungry). I also like adding in the brown sugar and a bit of cocoa before cooking and it tastes like a chocolate pudding :)
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1 cup of low fat cottage cheese 180 cals
    1/3 cup of craisins stirred in 130 cals

only 310 and it is my favorite easy breakfast. I eat it in the car on the way to work. Chock full of slow-digesting protein. :bigsmile:

How do you eat cottage cheese in the car on the way to work?