Ladies only, soy and breakthrough bleeding?

Options
As per the title, ladies only. I am in the process of becoming vegan so I only have meat once in a awhile as I'm trying not to eat it anymore and I have been having meat subs like soy and I also use soymilk in my cereal. I don't think I eat too much of it as I usually only have a serving or two a day of soy, but today I noticed some break through bleeding which I haven't had at all on this birth control. I was also on blood pressure meds for a week but I was told to stop them and nothing in them said they would effect birth control or anything. But I have heard of women having some issues due to soy. Has anyone else experienced this or know if soy might be the culprit?

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Any big diet change can cause this. Soy makes my pee cloudy when I drink soymilk or tofu though so I stopped eating it.

Are you a vegan for ethical or health reasons?
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Any big diet change can cause this. Soy makes my pee cloudy when I drink soymilk or tofu though so I stopped eating it.

Are you a vegan for ethical or health reasons?

Both. Though more so for the health reasons.
  • chimbleysweep
    Options
    If you eat soy your estrogen levels will elevate - a dietician told me this last year. I am lactose intolerant, was veggie for 3 years, and still don't eat much meat. Try using stuff like almond milk instead of soy milk (it's even more delicious!). For protein in your diet, instead of consuming tofu super often, try beans and lentils and other such things. You don't have to eliminate soy completely, just try cutting back! There are lots of healthy meat substitutes that don't include soy in them.

Edited for spelling.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    If you eat soy your estrogen levels will elevate - a dietician told me this last year. I am lactose intolerant, was veggie for 3 years, and still don't eat much meat. Try using stuff like almond milk instead of soy milk (it's even more delicious!). For protein in your diet, instead of consuming tofu super often, try beans and lentils and other such things. You don't have to eliminate soy completely, just try cutting back! There are lots of healthy meat substitutes that don't include soy in them.

Edited for spelling.

Thank you, I've had almond milk before and I was okay I'm not sure why I grabbed the soy milk this time. I'll try adding in more beans rather than using meat subs. I think I'll get some more quinoa, it's high in protein too. :)

I am also lactose intolerant and have a dairy allergy.
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Too much Soy elevated my estrogen levels...same issue so yes for me.

11269213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    bump