Something that works well for me

Options
So I've started using something that works really well for me and thought I'd share my system with the board since I've read a lot of the stories and used a lot of them for motivation myself.

Lost about 30 pounds the first 3.5 months of 2012 and took a month off in the middle (didn't gain back, but didn't make time for exercise either) and have done wit with a lot of cardio and calorie tracking.

But here's what I do now to help keep me on track every week. I have a spreadsheet with the days laid out for the upcoming week, I enter my food goal for each day, and put in the burns I have scheduled for exercise, the program already has my normal calorie burn daily for my height,weight, gender etc..

The spreadsheet does the math and determines how much I'll lose if I stick to the proposed plan.

For example this week was: Normal burn is 2700 everyday. Tracked this number for 12 weeks and was within 200 calories/day

Sun Food 2200 Exercise 1000 (Golf)
Mon Food 2000
Tue Food 2000
Wed Food 2000 Exercise BBall 800
Thur Food 2000
Fri food 2000 exercise bball 800
Sat Food 2200 Exercise Golf 800

So my totals are 45000 Food Deficit + 3400 Exercise burn = 7900 total deficit

7900/3500 = 2.25 pounds for the week

I then enter each day as it happens because the food and exercise burns aren't usually exact to the goal. (bad round of golf = a couple hundred more calories burned lol)

So for me this keeps me on track, knowing i'm supposed to lose 2.25, if I hit all the other numbers and miss that one, it's almost always a water issue (not enough), but also helps me see the end goal knowing if I lose 2 on the scale, i'm right on track.

Anyone else do something similar?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!