I need a mini goal

Options
So my mini goal is to lose 34 lbs and not be in the obese range anymore. How fast can you take off that much weight safely?

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    You can lose 7-8 lbs per month just with strict diet control. It means you can lose this weight between 5-6 months easily. All you need to do is to stay consistent.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    3-4 months, I'd say! :)
  • I agree with 3-4 months being reasonable :)
  • TheSlimWithin
    Options
    There's no telling how long it will take a person to lose weight. It all depends on body type, how and where they hold their weight, lifestyle choices, eating and exercise habits and whatever else! But to stab a guess, maybe around 4 months? Give or take a couple a weeks depending on your level of dedication. So long as you do it safely. :)
  • Prek2005
    Prek2005 Posts: 58
    Options
    So my mini goal is to lose 34 lbs and not be in the obese range anymore. How fast can you take off that much weight safely?

If I was you I would make my 34 pound weightloss a longterm goal, and break my mini goal into 8 pounds per month until I reach may goal. Some things that you can do to make your weightloss fun is to add things that you like for example (for the first 8 pounds I lose I will buy me a new shirt, or pair of jeans).
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    It depends on you're current weight. You might loose wieght realy fast or you might loose it at a slower pace. 1 to 2 pounds a week is good for most people, but this could also depend on what you're eating or drinking. I suggest you take vitamins and start trying to choose water before any sodas or sugared drinks. Good luch on you're mini goal.