I need a mini goal

So my mini goal is to lose 34 lbs and not be in the obese range anymore. How fast can you take off that much weight safely?

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    You can lose 7-8 lbs per month just with strict diet control. It means you can lose this weight between 5-6 months easily. All you need to do is to stay consistent.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 486 Member
    3-4 months, I'd say! :)
  • I agree with 3-4 months being reasonable :)
  • There's no telling how long it will take a person to lose weight. It all depends on body type, how and where they hold their weight, lifestyle choices, eating and exercise habits and whatever else! But to stab a guess, maybe around 4 months? Give or take a couple a weeks depending on your level of dedication. So long as you do it safely. :)
  • Prek2005
    Prek2005 Posts: 58
    So my mini goal is to lose 34 lbs and not be in the obese range anymore. How fast can you take off that much weight safely?

If I was you I would make my 34 pound weightloss a longterm goal, and break my mini goal into 8 pounds per month until I reach may goal. Some things that you can do to make your weightloss fun is to add things that you like for example (for the first 8 pounds I lose I will buy me a new shirt, or pair of jeans).
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    It depends on you're current weight. You might loose wieght realy fast or you might loose it at a slower pace. 1 to 2 pounds a week is good for most people, but this could also depend on what you're eating or drinking. I suggest you take vitamins and start trying to choose water before any sodas or sugared drinks. Good luch on you're mini goal.