Clean eating help! :(

Options
Hi guys.

I've been eating clean (all natural, organic, etc.) with high protein, low sugar and low sodium for a couple weeks now. I'm eating enough to more than stuff myself but I'm still not eating enough calories for the day. Anything that I can think of to add to my day will put me over either sugar, carbs, or fat. I realize I really need to sit down and evaluate my meal planning skills, but I was wondering if there were any other clean eaters that could offer some advice? I would really appreciate it. :)

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you're currently eating.
  • sjbraiqz
    sjbraiqz Posts: 10
    Options
    Sorry, its open now. And today was an off day, I woke up late so breakfast got a little messed up. My snack 1 was breakfast. lol. if that makes sense.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Nuts...high cals and more protein and good fats....So GO nutz
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    don't worry about going over fat and protein. fat doesn't make you fat and protein will help you build lean muscle mass which in turn helps you burn more calories doing day to day things. Cook your veggies in coconut oil or grassfed butter, eat eggs, grassfed meat, full fat dairy, and nuts.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Switch to full fat products. Use healthy fats such as nuts, natural peanut butter, olive oil, and coconut oil. Coconut oil is delicious enough to eat off the spoon if your low on calories. I don't worry if I go over on my fats if they're healthy fats.
  • seapard
    seapard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have you seen Clean Eating magazine? They print helpful two week meal plans.

I've been eating clean and would love to add more friends who are doing the same! I eat a lot of eggs, local whole-fat pastured dairy products, sprouted grain breads, and homemade Greek yogurt. I eat a lot of wild turkey and venison and supplement with local organic meats.

I
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Avocados! Also, I second the coconut oil. Get the organic, unrefined kind. Delish!