Is this bad??

karissastephens
karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I usually wake up around 11 or 12. Then i dont go to bed until 3 am. Is eating that late bad? even if im within my calorie limit?

Replies

• mamamia866
    mamamia866 Posts: 21 Member
    are you eating dinner or snacking? if you're snacking, probably not. if you're eating dinner, yes. it's never good to eat a meal and do no activity afterwards.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    you didn't actually say when you were eating, was it RIGHT at 3 before you sleep?

Generally, it's better to eat more earlier as the body uses more energy in our waking hours than our sleeping hours, but as long as you're not gorging youself right before you go to bed, I don't think it's too much of an issue.

FYI, it doesn't matter when you go to sleep and wake up (time of day wise), what matters is how long you are sleeping and how restful that sleep is. I.E. you NEED at least 6.5 hours a day to allow your body to recharge and recover from the daily grind. That said, 1 or 2 days of not getting enough sleep won't really do any damage, but regularly sleeping for less than 6.5 hours a night can have serious consequences (studies show).
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    you didn't actually say when you were eating, was it RIGHT at 3 before you sleep?

Generally, it's better to eat more earlier as the body uses more energy in our waking hours than our sleeping hours, but as long as you're not gorging youself right before you go to bed, I don't think it's too much of an issue.

FYI, it doesn't matter when you go to sleep and wake up (time of day wise), what matters is how long you are sleeping and how restful that sleep is. I.E. you NEED at least 6.5 hours a day to allow your body to recharge and recover from the daily grind. That said, 1 or 2 days of not getting enough sleep won't really do any damage, but regularly sleeping for less than 6.5 hours a night can have serious consequences (studies show).
    well then im screwed...i sleep on avg 4 hourslol
  • are you eating dinner or snacking? if you're snacking, probably not. if you're eating dinner, yes. it's never good to eat a meal and do no activity afterwards.

THAT'S NOT TRUE! What makes you think that?
  • SHBoss1673

kinda yeah. This is nothing to take lightly. 4 hours of sleep a night is just plain not enough. You're hurting your body by doing so.
  • well then im screwed...i sleep on avg 4 hourslol

kinda yeah. This is nothing to take lightly. 4 hours of sleep a night is just plain not enough. You're hurting your body by doing so.

:laugh: In a perfect world young children go to bed at night when they are told and do not contribute to their parents sleep deprivation! :laugh:
  • hasiangirl

:laugh: In a perfect world young children go to bed at night when they are told and do not contribute to their parents sleep deprivation! :laugh:
    lol they do go to bed now at a good time...but i have a problem falling asleep after :blushing: i stay up an extra 2-3hours after my oldest goes to bed which then im in bed by 12ish...and then i roll around and try to fall asleep for an hour or so.....and then wake up at on avg 5 lol
  • well then im screwed...i sleep on avg 4 hourslol

lol they do go to bed now at a good time...but i have a problem falling asleep after :blushing: i stay up an extra 2-3hours after my oldest goes to bed which then im in bed by 12ish...and then i roll around and try to fall asleep for an hour or so.....and then wake up at on avg 5 lol

I did and still do the same. I don't know what it is...I think subconsciously it's the 'ME' time you get. You know, watching a tv program- uninterrupted, taking a shower without someone banging on the door....or even using the bathroom. :laugh: (i'm in here and i'll be out in a minute :grumble: ) :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    Meditation is great for restless sleep. After your kids go to sleep. Set aside an hour. Sounds hoakie I know, but it really works. It helps put your day in perspective, and calms your nerves and really does lower your hormone levels, which is probably why you aren't sleeping soundly.
  • hasiangirl
    Meditation is great for restless sleep. After your kids go to sleep. Set aside an hour. Sounds hoakie I know, but it really works. It helps put your day in perspective, and calms your nerves and really does lower your hormone levels, which is probably why you aren't sleeping soundly.
    probably lol that and some other deep seeded issues :ohwell: i've never slept well at night, my parents would fight at night and when i mean fight they would fight lol i think thats why i have such problems falling asleep now...when i was a kid i would stay up until it was done..so now im a night owl?...does that make sense? lol

and shaleah thats exactly how i look at it as..."My me time" lol and its very nice too...i love my kids to pieces but i also love my free time...:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.