Clothing SWAP needed ... SW FLORIDA

Options
unless GOD blesses me with some size 4s and 5s in jeans and shorts... I cannot AFFORD ($$) to lose anymore weight... even at second -hand/thrift shops... :(
I guess the journey for loss STOPS here unless I can get new clothes... its ridiculous how many belts I own to keep my size 6s and 7s UP and ON... by the end of the day I feel like one of those boys with their pants hangin off their @s$...:huh:

I have gone from a 5 ...then to a 14 ( postpartum) to a 5 now and EVERY size in between and Im just tapped out... I got rid of ALL my smaller sizes (1/2, 3/4, 5/6..) when I had my son . I got depressed and thought I'd never fit them again and now I NEED them and dont have them.:sad:

Now as a mother of a 3 year old I just don't have the funds to buy, buy buy clothes. We are on a tight budget and here I am in my predicament.

I live in SW Florida and Ive got plenty of size 9s and 7s and am in desperate need 5s and 4s...
( I already donated all the NEW 14s-10s to a local womens shelter... they had only been used during the pregnancy and after, until each size got too big and I gave it away... )

All my clothes are in EXCELLENT condition and I am looking for the same... I cannot trade out without also being traded WITH.

Thank you and I hope that as a community we can work together to help each other... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• amurph25
    amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This sounds like such a good idea! Wish I had thought of it before giving away all my big clothes! Unfortunately, I'm still a 7-9ish depending on the store so I have no 4-5 sized clothes! :( I completely hear you on the whole I needed to stop losing weight because I couldn't afford new clothes issue! I basically lived in work out clothes for MONTHS because it was all that fit and I was too broke to buy new ones! lol.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    try Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. They usually have clothes for a few dollars...
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I found THIS while gettings ideas from friends on here... if it can help anyone else it was worth posting...

http://www.listia.com

its a site to basically "auction" off your own stuff for credits, you use those credits to bid on auctions of other people for stuff you want/need...
  • nikegirly
    nikegirly Posts: 3
    Options
    Twice a year (Fall/Spring) a huge group of women from my town get together and do a clothes swap. You get poker chips for each item of clothing you bring, food, a friend etc... Then you pay one poker chip to get someone else's item. If more than one person wants a item you bid on it. Really popular items are put aside for the end for big bidding. It's totally fun and hilarious. Everyone tries stuff on right there. You come home with new to you clothes! All the items that are not wanted by anyone are donated to a Women's Shelter. It started out as a church Sunday School class event and has grown each year. I would imagine a Mom's Club or Playgroup could start one as well. People of all sizes come so everyone seems to be happy.... and many people bring purses and accessories too so even less popular size peeps have things to bid on. In fact our next one is tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting rid of a wardrobe full of 10s and replace it with 6s ! In this economy you'd be surprised how many others you would find who would be interested in this concept. Bring some wine and it's a GNO:)
  • dme1977
    Options
    THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! :love:

are you in SW Florida by chance???
  • nikegirly
    nikegirly Posts: 3
    Options
    Sorry Philly girl here:smile: But you should try starting one!
  • dme1977
    Options
    I moved to florida from the Lancaster, PA area 10 years ago... MOST of my gil frinds who could have swapped with me still live there. I don't have very many women friends here and the ones I do have are actually much bigger than me. I find as I get older its kinda hard to make "new" friends. I guess when my son starts school I will meet other moms that way but Im not putting all my hopes into that either...
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    You could try craigslist....alot of times things are free