How much peanut butter is too much peanut butter??

Options
Jordant107
Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
I love the stuff...............................how much is too much?!? :)

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

The amount that puts you over your target caloric intake -- or puts you under your protein and/or carb goals for the day.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Pffft...no such thing as too much!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    For one sitting I would say a jar is too much. Realistically, I sometimes eat 4T a day, usually at least 2, but as long as I am under my cals for the day I don't care too much. They say it is healty fat so I figure there are worse things out there.
  • Jordant107
    Options
    Haha- great!! :)
  • Jordant107
    Options
    For one sitting I would say a jar is too much. Realistically, I sometimes eat 4T a day, usually at least 2, but as long as I am under my cals for the day I don't care too much. They say it is healty fat so I figure there are worse things out there.
    Ok- I can deal with that!!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I had to give up peanut butter :(

I couldn't just have a tablespoon or two
  • Jordant107
    Options
    I had to give up peanut butter :(
    Why...............?!?
    I couldn't just have a tablespoon or two
    You have one tablespoon and can't stop........................I have the same problem at times:)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Your question is blasphemous.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    See that spatter pattern on the counter and the floor? THAT is too much peanut butter.
  • Jordant107
    Options
    See that spatter pattern on the counter and the floor? THAT is too much peanut butter.
    LOL!! :)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Because I love apples and PB, I have up to 6T of Smuckers Natural with 2 apples. It's not everyday... or I'd be in trouble lol. I had someone look at my diary one day and ask if I'd made a mistake with my logging ;-)
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I stick with about 3-4 tablespoons a day because other than that, I'm just dooming myself to going over my calories or staying under and being hungry all day... heh. It is my favorite, though.
  • 73mamacita
    Options
    I love peanut butter especially with nutella.:love:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter lots, but I find myself cheating on it lately with nutella :smokin: hope it can forgive me.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I concur!

I sometimes eat 6 TBSP a day... depending on my calories for that day, whether I skipped a meal because of errands or whatever. I make up most deficits with peanut butter because it's golden delicious heaven on a spoon...
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i LOVE pb!! I only eat natural pb though with no additives. i eat between 1-4tbsp a day as long as it fits my cals/macros...it keeps my cravings for sweets at bay and i feel like im indulging.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    The only issue with peanut butter is that it can be problematic to track. What most people count a 2tbs is usually much more. (If you have a digital scale, weigh out what you believe to be 2tbs and compare it to the nutrition label --- you'll most likely find that it's more than you think).
  • gatecityradio
    Options

The amount that puts you over your target caloric intake -- or puts you under your protein and/or carb goals for the day.

This.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I crave it more than ever when I work out. Yum!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    The only issue with peanut butter is that it can be problematic to track. What most people count a 2tbs is usually much more. (If you have a digital scale, weigh out what you believe to be 2tbs and compare it to the nutrition label --- you'll most likely find that it's more than you think).
    I eat it right out of my measuring spoon... and then go back for more...I even double dip because hey--it's my jar of peanut butter. Touch it, and you may lose a finger. It's MY YUMMY!