Readers?

Options
DJJW
DJJW Posts: 519 Member
Not weight loss related, just Chit-Chat, but what's your favorite book?

Replies

• Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mine, hands down, is Patrick Rothfus The Name of the Wind.

I read everything and anything though and have an even bigger selection of favorites such as anything by Margaret George :D
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Invisible Monsters
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The Descent. Not based on that movie lol. Stephen King's Dark Tower series, if it please ya (DT slang).
    The Emberverse Series by SM Stirling.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The Count of Monte Cristo. It's perfect.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    About anything by Charles ****ens, Edgar Allen Poe... I love classic literature especially by British authors. The complete works of Shakespeare. I also like romantic British authors like Georgette Heyer and Jane Austin, the Bronte's.

The newer (modern) series of books that I am reading now is "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George RR Martin:) I love Tyrion and Daenerys (as characters, obviously:) in the series of books and the HBO series.
  • DJJW
    Options
    keep them coming, I'm adding them to my library wish list!
  • DJJW
    Options
    I read just about anything
  • liz_steinborn
    liz_steinborn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Really love anything by Barbara Kingsolver - between "The Lacuna" and "Prodigal Summer".
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    About anything by Charles ****ens, ...

MFP: where you must be 18, and play by preschool rules.
  • Katmckee89
    Katmckee89 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! Mine, hands down, is Patrick Rothfus The Name of the Wind.

I read everything and anything though and have an even bigger selection of favorites such as anything by Margaret George :D

!!!!! I am so happy to see this! I love that book. I've bought three copies and I have given away all but one, the first one to an ex-boyfriend the second to a co-worker and I kept the last one ( The one I read first ) for myself. The Wise Man's Fear was amazing too. :D
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love nicholas Evans, the Loop was prob my favorite of his. Also just finished the "Ugly" series by scott westerfld which was super good!!
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The Outlander series...hands down...best books I ever read.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    absolutely. the other 4 in my top 5: The Fountainhead, War and Peace, Les Miserables, and Raise High the Roofbeam Carpenters and Seymour: an Introduction.

but that's just pleasure reading. books for spiritual growth (so far) if anyone is interested in that: The Barbarian Way, Crazy Love, Stepping Heavenward, Absolute Surrender, and anything written by CS Lewis.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    There are too many and everything is perfect in its own way :P as every true reader knows lol
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    If you like fantasy you can't go wrong with A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). But my fav. would have to be the Robin Hobb trilogies Farseer and Tawny Man. I read Name of the Wind but just didn't care for it, and haven't read the second one yet.

As for Urban Fantasy, I give votes to the Shifters series by Rachel Vincent and Fever series by Karen Moning, Anything my Richelle Mead.

Favorite books of all time:
    Battle Royale, Cat's Cradle, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Perks of Being a Wallflower (movie coming out), and Daughter of the Forest (also fantasy)

Also, why has no one mentioned Hunger Games (lol)?
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yay a book post!

Sci Fi:

The Foundation series by Issac Asimov
    Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card
    The Uplift Trilogy by David Brinn, (as well as The Kiln People by him)

Fantasy:

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin (Tryion is also.my favorite by far)
    The Legend of Drizzt by R A Salvatore, part of the Forgetten Realms series.
    Anne Rice and all her vampire and witching novels

Historical Smut LOL:

The Tudor series by Philippa Gergory

Yan Martell is also a very talented writer. Life of Pi and Self are my recommendations
  • DJJW
    Options
    loving that i'm getting sent in all different directions! I have read the Outlander Series (aweosme) Game of Thrones on a waiting list at the library. Have read the Loop, so great! I like to read books that are movies, movies just never do enough for me, but I like to know what people are talking about lol.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

One of THEE BEST books, of all time.