Lose Weight During TOM?

Options
Anybody else LOSE weight during TOM? :huh: I've found myself really looking forward to it because the day it arrives - BAM - 2lbs gone, and then a heck of a lot more as the week goes on. Its really strange because I can not lose for 3 weeks, then the fourth week (TOM) I lose like crazy. Could this be a hormone thing? I so... I like it!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't know- but that is the Cutest Baby Ever! Absolutely adorable!

I tend to gain weight the week before and the first day then after that- flushes away in the night. It's the TOM Fairy. :laugh:
  • shaleah77
    Options
    I don't know as I no longer have one....but...

I am now feeling sorry for any men on this site and elsewhere named 'TOM'.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Aww, thank you! I like him, think I'll keep him. :wink: :bigsmile:

TOM Fairy... I love it! :laugh:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I feel like I should already know what this is but... What is "TOM" ?
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good for you! Looks like your early into your dieting though. That's when you lose the most and lots of water, so if it slows down in the coming days- DON"T get discouraged:wink: This is life change time and it is WORK:sick: But this MFP works also. Lots of encouragement to you. :drinker: :drinker: drink lots of H2O:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I am now feeling sorry for any men on this site and elsewhere named 'TOM'.

OMG... that actually never crossed my mind before. :huh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: \

And Mental - TOM = time of the month, that girly thing that happens pretty regularly. :wink:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    i was really good in the beginning when watching cals/ eating VERY healthy and actually keeping a daily chart of wt, and as the months went by i noticed i would gain a little the week before and lose the week of, a pattern developed. also helped to eat CLEAN, and lower salt the week b4. remember our wt changes daily from hormones, salt, etc. TOM can be inconvenient, but kinda nice to have wt loss! keep at it!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Anybody else LOSE weight during TOM? :huh: I've found myself really looking forward to it because the day it arrives - BAM - 2lbs gone, and then a heck of a lot more as the week goes on. Its really strange because I can not lose for 3 weeks, then the fourth week (TOM) I lose like crazy. Could this be a hormone thing? I so... I like it!! :bigsmile:
    Lucky you!!! I'm always up a few at that time (no matter how much water I drink :drinker: ), but then back down when it's gone. :tongue:

exercise.png
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What does "TOM" stand for?
  • sumraine
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing about what TOM is LOL We alwasy called it Aunt Flow :smile:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

Time of the Month.

:smile:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    omg! LoL

I'm glad i know at least.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that your metabolism is slightly raised during that time.
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    TOM Fairy LOL. My TOM Fairy Usually brings me chocolate and cookies and other assorted pastries I love her. I guess that is why I pack on a few lbs.