jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Watch it almost every day!!!

My fave quote by Blanche:

"Better late than pregnant!"
  • ladyace15
    ladyace15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I am a huge Bea Arthur fan! And I must admit I have all 7 seasons on DVD and have seen them all a bunch of times. I just let them play while I clean or work out or do anything. ONE of my favorite scenes is during the murder mystery episode where Dorothy is explaining the crime and bantering with Sophia. The writing for this show was pure genius!

That "Murder Mystery Weekend" episode has got to be my all time favorite episode!!!!! Brilliant writing from beginning to end!!!!
    Blanche:"My, my sir, your sweet words can charm the morning dew right off the honey suckle!"
    Dorothy: "Not now Blanche!
    Blanche:"If not now, then WHEN?"
  • ladyace15
    Options
    Dorothy: Blanche, have you heard of the latest campaigns? "Join the navy, see the world... sleep with Blanche Devereaux"? "Join the army, be all you can be... sleep with Blanche Devereaux"?
    [getting angry]
    Dorothy: "The marines are looking for a few good men who have *not* slept with Blanche Devereaux"!
    All time Favorite and in second place

Rose "back in St. Olaf" LOL

"See the world, sleep with Blanche Devereaux!" sounds like a nifty campaign ad!!! LOVED IT!!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have the entire series on DVD. I love popping in one on a lazy afternoon and watching several episodes in a row...with no commercials!

I couldn't possibly name a favorite character. I love them all. But my favorite episode is, hands down, Mrs. George Devereaux, where Blanche has her recurring dream that her late husband is really alive. And finally gets to hug him.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love Rose!

Rose: Can I ask a dumb question?
    Dorothy: Better than anyone I know!

Sophia: Esther Weinstock is dead. We grew up together, she was my best friend.
    Dorothy : I'm so sorry. What happened?
    Sophia : She was fighting an oil rig fire in the Gulf of Mexico. SHE WAS 88!
    Rose Nylund: Well, it's great that she was able to work right up to the end.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My friend Gretchen has the golden girls tattooed on her thighs
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOVE that show!!! I have all the seasons on DVD and pretty much play them nonstop since I don't get much American TV in Korea :( Despite that I never tire of seeing them. I have to go with Sophia as my favorite just because she has SO many good one-liners, but Rose pulls my heart being from MN. One of my favorite scenes is when Rose is talking about how Charlie's *trouser snake* made the bull's look small... Blanche's reaction is great. Love when they went to the nudist resort too... but were supposed to wear clothes to dinner.
  • Charlayray
    Charlayray Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Golden Girls! My favorite characther is Rose and one of my favorite lines by her has to be

"I feel so cheap. So used. So hurt. How do you handle that Blanche?"
  • ladyace15
    Options
    I have the entire series on DVD. I love popping in one on a lazy afternoon and watching several episodes in a row...with no commercials!

I couldn't possibly name a favorite character. I love them all. But my favorite episode is, hands down, Mrs. George Devereaux, where Blanche has her recurring dream that her late husband is really alive. And finally gets to hug him.

One of my other fav.'s

The perfect line from that episode came from George Devereaux:

Blanche: "I saw them put you in the family mausoleum"
    George: "Well what can I say Blanche? Thanks!"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • ladyace15
    Options
    I love Golden Girls! My favorite characther is Rose and one of my favorite lines by her has to be

"I feel so cheap. So used. So hurt. How do you handle that Blanche?"

Classic line! They always took great jabs at Blanche!

Rose: "You've been with more drunken sailors than... (looks to Dorothy for input)
    Dorothy: :A nautical toilet!"
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have all the seasons I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Golder Girls.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Love The Golden Girls! My favorite character is Dorothy. I love the episode when Rose makes them go to Mr. HaHa's Hot Dog Hacienda for Dorothy's birthday, and Mr. HaHa says "Get up on stage!" and Dorothy says, "Get bent, HaHa!"

Lmao!!!!! Loved that line!!!! "I'll punch your heart out HaHa!"
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shaylasade
    shaylasade Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Golden Girls. I watch the reruns EVERYDAY!!! lol I can't go to sleep without a few good laughs from that show. My favorite characters are Rose and Sophia. I don't even have a favorite episode. They all make me laugh so hard!! :-)

I love Rose's St. Olaf stories and Sophia's wisecracks and stories about Sicily. Oh and I think it's hilarious when Sophia is actually has something positive to say about her children, she always adds "except Phil" lolol
  • issyme
    issyme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love the Golden Girls, especially Blanche:

Dorothy: Oh c'mon, Blanche. Age is just a state of mind.
    Blanche: Tell that to my thighs.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i love the golden girls too.
    i didn't appreciate the show when it was current.
    i had no interest in watching a show about old ladies.
    now when i watch - they don't seem old anymore.
    i realized they don't seem as old now because i'm not quite so far from their ages!
    EEK!!

great writing and fabulous actors on that show.
    i couldn't pick a favorite character because they all compliment each other.
    but i really do love bea arthur's body language in the show.
    she was awesome at her craft!

it's so sad to watch the show now and think there's only one of them left.

i'm going to go watch some golden girls now.
    glad i saw this thread!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I can't pick, they compliment each other really well.

One of my favorite lines

Sophia:I'll say it once, I'll say it again, sluts just heal quicker.

That episode,I think, when blanch had a bad love and went to Gringo's night.
  • ladyace15
    Options
    Sophia to Blanche: "Beat it you 50 year old mattress!" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO