My naughty little secret..

Options
I keep my food diary "private" so people won't see that I eat peanut butter and fudge cookies... ;) Cheating every once in a while is OK! Especially if you have calories left over at the end of the day. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself every time a cookie or small slice of cheesecake proves too tempting. ;)

Replies

• CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I ate at Chik fil a, and at Chili's (even with dessert) still stayed under but I did walk a lot today
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Thing is that you are only cheating yourself, not anyone else. Who cares what you eat, as long as it's not going to kill you. I keep mine open to friends only, but then I don't have cheat days at all, if I eat bad I scold myself. But that does not happen heaps at all. If you have cals at the end of the day, have something that wont be an empty calorie food. Make it worth eating, make it something that will be good for you. Don't waste it by putting something bad in your system, cause it kinda beats the idea of being on here at all.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My diary is open but I also have no qualms about eating some junk food. This evening I had wine and chocolate and was under my goal for the day. Life's too short...
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thing is that you are only cheating yourself, not anyone else. Who cares what you eat, as long as it's not going to kill you. I keep mine open to friends only, but then I don't have cheat days at all, if I eat bad I scold myself. But that does not happen heaps at all. If you have cals at the end of the day, have something that wont be an empty calorie food. Make it worth eating, make it something that will be good for you. Don't waste it by putting something bad in your system, cause it kinda beats the idea of being on here at all.
    Enjoy your food. We aren't meant to eat perfectly all the time. As long as you eat reasonably most of the time, you're fine. It's not an all or nothing type of situation with eating. I eat plenty of fattening high calorie foods all the time...yet I stick to my fitness routine and don't eat more than I burn most days...so I stay nice and lean.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i believe is you stay under your calorie goal it doesnt matter what you eat. i even post fast food when i eat it i use it as motivation
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation .. this should be a lifestyle change not just a diet, that your going to go off of at a certain weight ..

will you give up cookies for the rest of your life ? if not then don't exclude them now ..
    fit them in your calories and enjoy *my way of thinking*
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I disagree. It is about changing your eating habits for life. I for one won't go the rest of my life and never eat something sweet. Moderation is the key. If you have a cookie, or piece of cheese cake once or twice a week, u aren't cheating yourself, or harming yourself. When choosing foods, remember its for life. Otherwise you set yourself up to fail. To
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i believe is you stay under your calorie goal it doesnt matter what you eat. i even post fast food when i eat it i use it as motivation
    I personally lost 25lbs last year on here doing just that. If you like more food, it helps to eat smarter...but it never hurts to treat yourself now and again. Helps you to keep on track if you ask me...just don't let your cheats become the norm and you're fine.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Heh, I made my diary public, now everyone can see that I ate four servings of Cheedar Cheese Combos and half a package of Sour Punch Straws since yesterday... nobody seems to be mean about it ;) And if they were, I would eat them alive. Ha.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" every day! :) I keep my diary open to keep myself more accountable to the calorie counting. Most days I have chocolate, ice cream, cookies, and/or something else just as "bad". :)
    I want to enjoy my life and enjoy my food.. this is a LIFESTYLE change and not some quick results diet. I would never be able to maintain a "diet" that didn't allow indulgent foods!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I keep my food diary "private" so people won't see that I eat peanut butter and fudge cookies... ;) Cheating every once in a while is OK! Especially if you have calories left over at the end of the day. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself every time a cookie or small slice of cheesecake proves too tempting. ;)

You really are not cheating here. While I advocate MINIMIZING empty calories, I do not advocate totally eliminating them. Also, since we are talking peanut butter and fudge cookies, you are receiving some protein from these (peanut butter is a great source of protein) so it is not totally empty... In fact, if you analyze many "Protein bars" that is essentially what you are eating.. Maybe a little extra sugar.

Ice Cream, Cake, etc... Not bad on occasion ESPECIALLY if it is within your calorie goals... As long as you are getting your basic nutrition ... 4-5 veggies, protein allotment, fiber, etc... Have a few cookies... It makes life more pleasant... Just don't over do it...
  • blackschecter
    Options
    I have been thinking about this... sometimes I have calories left over at the end of the day.
    That means weight loss. That is my goal.
    I am losing weight because I don't want to die of cancer or heart disease, #1 and #2 killer in the US.
    Eating a cookie isn't worth chemo later or getting cut open right down the middle of my chest.
    My sister is working with me, she says she wants to lose slow because that gives her time to establish new ways of living that are PERMANENT.
    This isn't a fad diet for me.
    I want to get fit and stay fit for the rest of my life.
    Yeah some days I eat too much but I have to be honest with myself. Tell myself the truth..
    Thats how I got here. Not being honest with myself and pretending that i can put it off until another day.
    Now I'm done doing that. Not going to cheat myself out of a good healthy future.
  • matthea
    matthea Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of cheeseburgers. Not the home made type with salad, but the greasy take out type. In cutting back on my other calories for the day I can eat one and not feel too guilty. Going for a walk the next day evens it all out.
  • cupcakelou383
    cupcakelou383 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LoL, I think some of you misunderstood me. If you look at my profile you will see that I'm already at my ideal weight. I only weigh 130 lbs. I used to have a serious love/hate relationship with food. Especially when I weighed over 180 lbs. Then I stopped eating ALL junk food all together. No sodas, no cookies, no sugar or anything! But I'm at a point in my life where I realize, I've already done the hard part. Lisa, you're absolutely right; living healthy is a lifestyle. I'm no longer on a "diet." I don't need to lose weight. I want to eat and be healthy which I do 99% of the time... not to mention, if you're thin and unhappy then what's the point in being thin, and chocolate releases edorphins right? (As does exercise.. so, I'm going to go ahead and eat my chocolate every once in a while and then work it off.. double dose of happy. :P)
  • cupcakelou383
    cupcakelou383 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh and for all of you who keep implying that I think this is some "fad diet" that I will "fall off of" think again... I lost my weight over 2 years ago and have kept it off... I eat healthy and I work out regularly. This IS my lifestyle. And because of that fact, I will NOT feel guilty over 2 cookies.
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have to get past my way of thinking. I'll have a cookie and feel awful about it, even if I'm under calorie count. Whenever I would eat something unhealthy in the past, I would always think, "We'll I screwed up today, might as well completely throw the diet out the window." I had a Mt. Dew earlier today for the first time in a month and just about cried. *sigh* The logical part of my brain says that I can have these things in moderation. The "fat-girl-desperate-to-be-thin" part of me wants to sob if I so much as think about having chocolate. At some point I'll figure it out.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Oh and for all of you who keep implying that I think this is some "fad diet" that I will "fall off of" think again... I lost my weight over 2 years ago and have kept it off... I eat healthy and I work out regularly. This IS my lifestyle. And because of that fact, I will NOT feel guilty over 2 cookies.

Weird, cos you only joined in June... So what made you decide you needed to come on here just recently and start tracking your food - despite having been successful for 2 years... Whats changed now?

And FWIW... most people dont care what you eat. I dont, I only care what I eat. Im just responsible for me, noone else!
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It is about changing your eating habits for life. I for one won't go the rest of my life and never eat something sweet. Moderation is the key. If you have a cookie, or piece of cheese cake once or twice a week, u aren't cheating yourself, or harming yourself. When choosing foods, remember its for life.
    [/quote]
    ^This^
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I fit in a treat every day, if I didn't I would just crave it. Everything in moderation :tongue: