Who's in the UK?

Options
Hi guys. I'm a US citizen living in Wales in the UK. I'd love to hear from other ex-pats, or Brits, or anyone for that matter! It's hard to do this on my own, and I can use the support!

Replies

• LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, I'm in the UK - Staffordshire in England to be precise. I'm 50 and looking to lose a lot of weight - but as they say, every journey starts with a single step (or pound in my case!). My partner and I love Wales, and were there on Monday for the day :oD. Good luck with your new gym and on your weightloss journey. I've sent you a friend request :o) x x
  • MarynEve
    MarynEve Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm interning here for the summer in Maidstone, England. I've been here since May, and just the past few weeks have taken a considerable amount of learning and adjustment. The distance from home (Pennsylvania) is hard, but I guess it's different, as I go back to start my last year of college in late August. It has taken some getting used to though- the vocabulary, the wildlife, and even tons of the food is different! :laugh: Best of luck in the UK! :flowerforyou:
  • PaulaAW
    PaulaAW Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie!
    If you would like to add me please do :)
    I am Paula, also living in Wales, Swansea area. I'm not a US citizen but my father is and I do get out there as much as I can. Add as many friends as you can, it makes you more accountable and gives you more motivation.
    Wishing you well with your journey. X
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    Hello Katie....Good to see you :flowerforyou: I'm in London ...aged 52... over 60lbs (4 stone!) to lose.

I'd love to add you and sending you friends request...
  • katie10101
    katie10101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi PinkOrangeYellow...

Thanks for adding me! You're in London. Lovely. I've only been through the airports and then whisked away to Wales. I'm North of Cardiff, near Usk and it's absolutely gorgeous. As for my weight loss, if I'm honest, I have probably a good 4 stone to lose, but right now I can only think about losing 1 and then 2. It overwhelms me if I have to look at the "big" picture! LOL

I've done this so many times (lose weight) that I'm sick of it. I heard a good quote today that's been rumbling around in my head all morning and it's: "You can't really fail at something, you just quit doing it" and a light bulb went off. Wow...so true. I haven't really failed in my dieting.....I've just quit doing it. Hey, whatever it takes to get back "doing".

Thanks for friending me. See you on the "wall"!

Katie:happy:
  • katie10101
    Options
    Hi Paula,

Thanks for the warm wishes. I definitely friended you. I'm near Usk, but I know where Swansea is. My husband used to live in Crynant, near Neath. So you're Dad's American? Where abouts in America do you visit?

Thanks for the tip about friends. See you "out there" on the wall!

Katie
  • katie10101
    Options
    Dear MarynEve,

Oh...I know how hard it to adjust, and you just got here. You'd think it would be the same, because of the language, right? But...it's so DIFFERENT. I've been here just one year and I'm FINALLY settling in. I went through a period of being homesick about two months ago, and it lasted for about two months. I miss Target, I miss drive in ATM's and banking, I miss Anthony's Fire Roasted Pizza....LOL. The list goes on and on. But, once you're over the culture shock, it's a beautiful country, with lovely people. Take time to enjoy this experience and relish the new and unknown. It will make you so much more diverse.

Enjoy your stay here!!!

Katie :wink:
  • katie10101
    Options
    Hi LozzieWebb,

Thanks for the friend request! Where in Wales were you visiting? I'm north of Cardiff, near Usk. So beautiful!!!

I have a lot of weight to lose, too, but I can only start again, and hope I don't quit. I'd like to lose 10 pounds by my 60th birthday (end of July). My treadmill and I are going to get really friendly.

Be sure to sstay in touch. Let me know how you're doing!!!

Katie