Feel free to add me

Options
more the merrier and more tips etc the better.

Regards.

Les

Replies

• da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I've been here for about 77 days and I just realized I've never properly introduced myself. I'm Dot and I will be 62 years young next month. My 40's were sheer misery...I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Costocondritis at the age of 40. Even though I worked full time, I was in constant pain and it hurt to lift a gallon of milk. At the age of 49 I'd had enough, and with great trepidation, I joined a gym. (I had been told that weight lifting / strength training / and cardio might be beneficial to me. Of course, my initial reaction was "Yeah, right! It hurts to take a deep breath and you're telling me I should try weight lifting? I don't THINK so!")

Well, to make a long story short, working out regularly proved to be my miracle. Not only did I lose 62 pounds, I became a county weightlifting champion in the female division for four years running. The first two weeks at the gym, I thought I was going to drop dead, but the more I focused and worked at it, the better I felt. Oh, I still have a flare-up on occasion, but a couple of Tylenol and a good workout takes care of it.

When the monthly gym membership started to get too expensive, I bought a treadmill for home use, along with some weights and exercise bands. I now run ten miles a day, every day, something I could not do twenty years ago. I'm healthier today than I ever was.

When I joined this group, I weighed 141 pounds...not bad, but heavier than I wanted to be. I'm now down to 124, which is a good weight for me. It really does help to record every calorie you stuff down your gullet. I've definitely had my shameful days, but one has to be totally honest when recording calorie intake. I'm not proud of the day I admitted to eating three donuts, four slices of pizza, an entire bag of Bridge Mix, and two Cokes. And that was just an appetizer. :bigsmile:

Fortunately, I've left those days behind me.

So, good luck to everyone! May you reach your goal and live a long, healthy life!
  • joannlynn2
    joannlynn2 Posts: 22
    Options
    You can add me too :)