Adult Beverages :)

Options
Good morning MFP friends I need some help Ive decided for the ENTIRE month of June to not "cheat" with food OR beverages. This is quite a big deal as it is summer and I do like a nice bbq with friends and of course some cocktails :) So as I'm new to all this I need some input on ur favorite low Cal drinks as I'm assuming Ill need to leave tons of jager bomb shots in the past lol....as always thanks for the support and input :) HAPPY SATURDAY

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    vodka, soda water, little bit of low calorie cranberry juice..

vodka is around 68 cals an ounce I believe
    soda water is 0 cal
    low cal cranberry juice is about 40 per 250 ml so go for a half a cup at 20 cal

so 88 isn't so bad per drink i'd say..
    :drinker:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    vodka, soda water, little bit of low calorie cranberry juice..

vodka is around 68 cals an ounce I believe
    soda water is 0 cal
    low cal cranberry juice is about 40 per 250 ml so go for a half a cup at 20 cal

so 88 isn't so bad per drink i'd say..
    :drinker:

Or if you don't like cranberry juice, you could go with diet bluberry juice which is 10 cals per cup making a drink of only 78 cals :smile:

Or any diet juice for that matter, I'm sure there are plenty out there..
    I personally take the extra calories and go for the 100% juice rather than the sweetners just because I don't really trust all the sweetners they add in. But that's me.. :tongue:
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I stick with rum (bottom shelf), diet lemon/ lime soda, and a few mint leaves. It's sort of a trashy mojto. But my favorite to have on the boat during the summer months.
  • plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    vodka, club soda, and fresh lemon or lime juice, pomegranate juice is good to
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    sounds weird, but i like cherry vodka and diet dr. pepper.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am a Captain Morgan and Diet coke type of girl. 60-120 calories a glass depending if its a single or a double. :)
  • brittanyrose90
    brittanyrose90 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    just do some tequila shots with lemon wedges
    its about 70 calories per shot and 2 calories for the lemon wedge.
    that's what's going to be getting me through this summer lol
  • ClaireSD35
    ClaireSD35 Posts: 38
    Options
    50ml (double shot) vodka and diet coke = about 110 calories
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i stick with liquor : vodka, rum, gin and do no calorie mixes. to determine calories for an ounce, the general rule is subtract 15 from the proof.

soda, tonic, diet soda, muddled limes and water. all those are good
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Cherry vodka and diet coke has been my drink of choice lately.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Fresca (I like the peach citrus flavor the best).
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Vodka on the rocks, vodka soda with lime or lemon, vodka diet tonic, tequila on the rocks, tequila soda, bloody marys (make sure the mix is lower in sugar and you're good to go)
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sip Yukon Jack on the rocks with a water on the side.. It is 100 proof and 69 cal/oz so you dont need much to get a buzz, but OMG - Do NOT go overboard!!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Someone else posted a fantastic margarita drink. She also has a few other links on her post, just search margarita. :drinker:

Into a 12oz glass add 1oz of tequila (or to taste), one packet of Crystal Light Lemonade powder, 2 tablespoons of ReaLime (or similar), some ice cubes and 8oz of Diet 7UP (or Diet Sprite).

Mix thoroughly, garnish with a slice of lime-- and drink!

You can optionally add a splash of Triple Sec and/or Grand Marnier.

Most tequilas have around 69 calories/oz, the Crystal Light has 5 calories— and everything else has 0 calories.

So our 12oz margaritas have only 74 calories in them.

Does it taste *exactly* like a 500 calorie margarita?

No. But it DOES taste like about a 450 calorie margarita
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I bought Skinny girl vodka yesterday but haven't tried it yet. I will probably mix with sparkling water or light lemonade.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    because alcohol calories add up so fast and are void of nutrition - I stay away from them whenever possible. Don't get me wrong - I love my "adult" beverages - they just don't help the scale go down. I generally stick with diet soda or bottled water. Good luck!
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light now makes some delicious mocktail flavors like margarita, mojito, appletini. They have 5 calories per serving and you can mix it with your favorite vodka or tequila! I love them! :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Vodka, selzer water, and a squirt of mio. Makes a super low-cal and yummy drink! My fave is the grape pomegranate
  • bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Light Hard Mikes Lemonade 109 cals per bottle
  • BarringtonFinbarNash
    Options
    i'm not so much of a spirits man, but when i go out for a evening or meal i will drink and my posion is pints, my particualr favirote brand nets me a lot of caliroies, so if i know i'm going out, i tend to eat a lower calroie meal now before if in the evening or in the evening when i eat if an afternoon thing.

even with all that however because of my drink of choices calrioe levels i have to ensure i have excerised before hand, to give me spare clarioes to play with, if i do that it is more than possiable to stay within my calorie goal on those days, you are getting a lot of good advice from everone so far, the best i can add is too keep track of it, if you don't have the abailty to use the app then work out how many drinks you can have before hand and stick to it, i find it really helped me just to be aware of what i was consuming.